|| an friendly visitor ||

A week later.
———————
Saturday, 9:30 am

Steve felt good this week. Eddie didn't ponder in his mind as much. as long as he was with Robin, he wouldn't get lost in his thoughts.

but Tomorrow was Eddie's concert, and Steve does not want to go. if he'd go, all of the struggling would fall right back on top of him. and if he begged Robin to not go when he promised he would, he'd look like a ass. so he had to think of a believable excuse to not go.

Robins pretty gullible with Steve's excuses, so getting to her to not take him was easy. But for Eddie.. Robin would tell Eddie why he didn't go and Eddie would most likely not believe it.

sure Steve never wants to see Eddie ever again, but he doesn't want to make Eddie upset. upset? why would Steve care if he got upset?

Steve was hopeless. he sat in his bed crisscrossed, playing with the strings of his hoodie, trying to think of the best excuse ever made.

He thought he would just tell robin he fell under the weather, had a Rough night. after all he did feel like shit on Monday.

Steve got up and stood in-front on the Phone Jack, hesitating on calling her. he picked up the phone and dialed Robins number, chewing on the skin around his fingernails in stress.

She answered the phone, causing Steve to jump slightly.

"hello?" Robin called

"hey Robin.." Steve said in a monotone voice, trying his best to sound sick

"oh hey Steve, what's up?"

"um- well i don't think i'm gonna be able to go to Eddie's thing tomorrow.."

"Oh really? what's wrong?"

"i just feel under the weather, after Monday i've been feeling like crap." which was a white-lie.

"Aw alright, well get better soon! don't want to work alone all next week"

"yeah seems that the only thing you'd be worried about" he snickered as a tease.

"ugh i don't mean it like that! well get some rest, i'll come over tomorrow afterwords"

"but you'll get sick"

"no it's alright! i want to help u get better"
man Robin was so damn nice. Steve smiled into the phone.

"fine, you'll have to be sick with me then"

"fine by me! see you tomorrow"

"yeah yeah see ya" he hung the phone back up and walked back into his room, turns out it wasn't that hard.

____________________________

Sunday, 8:00 pm

Steve was slumped in the couch laying on his side, watching some random comedy show that comes on. Steve never found it funny, but his arm was numb from his head laying on it for him to change the channel.

He'd figure Robin would be here by now, she sure does drive fast on her bike. guess she just forgot or the band extended their time playing. who knows.

he'd get up from the couch, his right arm swinging around limp, getting that weird static, stingy feeling when it goes numb. he walked to the kitchen to grab some stuff to make food. Steve loved cooking, it was fun to him, and it gave memories of him and his grandmother cooking together. anytime he was cooking he had a smile stained on his face the whole time.

He made a grill cheese and sat back down on the couch, his arms resting on the back of the couch holding the remote, finally able to change this channel.

he turned on a show Growing Pains. this show tends to come on frequently. it's an alright show so Steve stuck with it.

A hour or so later Steve checked his watch, 9:34 pm.

guess robin isn't coming.

he went to put his plate in the sink when he heard a car pull in, screeching as it drifted. sure do drive like a lunatic, who could it be?

he dropped his plate in the sink and walked over to the window, peaking through the curtain. a split tan and white van pulled into Steve's drive way.

what the hell?

he backed up from the window, pulling back the curtains. he didn't want to walk out and see this person, maybe they have the wrong house.

he sighed as he went back to the sink to clean the plate off. when he was done and dried it off, he heard a knock on his door.

wrong house

he grumbled as he walked to the door. finally deciding to see this person and tell them they have the wrong house.

he looked in-front of him and his heart dropped to his stomach as it twisted drastically inside him.

EDDIE?!