The Ami

"We can't go through the Takola or the Simi. It's impossible."

    "But Zïâ, that means we have to go through.....the Plains of Disease.....and the Ash..."

      "And it'll take longer than we calculated to go around all of them."

     "I'm already dead..tell my parents I love them, Ian can my have tools, you can have my paints and seeds, split my money with him, and make sure to bury me in my good clothes with my yarn ball, and don't forget to-" 

      "Oh, be quiet, you'll survive, this. But we can't sleep until we reach the ruins of Amit."

       "Zïâ, it's still impossible. We need someone who can actually control their magic."

        Zïâ was quiet for a long time. Finaly she spoke, "Look, there's light-it's an inn. We'll stay there for the night. And sorry that I can't control my magic." She said the last sentence rather harshly, making Hans feel guilty.

        "We have one free room for you. Buisness is plentiful at this time of year," said a sleepy looking man with a red beard. Red hair was charachteristic of the Ami, like golden hair was to the Glen. He continued,"How long will you be staying?"

        "Nine hours."

          "Anything for the horses? Food for you?"

       "We don't need food, but we would appreciate it if you fed the horses and gave them blankets."

        The man nodded. The Ami were giving, peaceful people. They would give away all their money to the first orphan they met, sometimes. A thought struck Zïâ. Both her and Hans were orphans. She had never thought of them like that. Orphans.

       "That'll be free."

       "I insist to pay."You always had to say that in order to find out the price. It was just wrong to get everything free.

      "Fine, it's six hundred coins."

      "What?!" shrieked Zïâ. The man grinned,and Zïâ noticed that the roots of his hair were golden. She smiled, realizing that he was born a Glen. He was just kidding. Thank goodness. She smiled,"Glen?"

        He nodded, then said,"Six coins." That was better.

      "You have the bed, I'll sleep on the floor," offered Hans.

       "No, you have the bed. You're sick."

       "And dying," added Hans, helpfully.

        In the middle of the night, they gathered their stuff, went downstairs, thanked the man for letting them stay an extra five minutes, and made off for the Plains of Disease.