Wrapping Up Loose Ends

"Well, no one in their right minds wants to live forever once they have that fate, I'll tell you, I can't wait until I can finally rest. I am an old, old lady on the inside, that just wants to sleep." She smiled sadly,"So, I'll use a tiny bit of magic, so he'll live to the right age for him to die. At least, no magic can harm him anymore. Here goes." She shot a bolt of magic into him. He sat up, in shock.

      "How do you feel?" Zïâ asked, nervously.

      "Fine. Just very, very cold."

     They finished putting Glaceria's magic into the cracked stone, and Hans used the last of his magic to heal it up again.

     "Finally. Now put it back in the river, so people can use the water for healing and enlightenment. And, now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go up to my chambers and take a well deserved rest."

      Hans stared at the star, glowing faintly, in his palm.

      Glaceria died smiling.

   "It's so warm here, is it not? I love it. It is so nice. It feels happy," said a gleeful Aodh. It had been a long flight back to Glen, seeing as Aodh could no longer fly, and it was Zïâ's first time. Aodh couldn't even get magic from Glenn, but she was fine with that, "I've had my rightful share of magic, and Zïâ has a bit of my old magic forever, so that's more than fair," she had said.

   "Now you can get settled into the spare room," Hannah smiled,"Can you cook?"

   "No. Demons don't eat."

    "Well you should learn. Besides, you're old enough to help out with bread." Aodh looked completely lost as Hannah showed her, but she was smiling anyways.

   "Why did you give up the star?" Zïâ asked.

   "I didn't want it. I had a child, a small girl, who was sick, and I thought the gift could save her. But when I got it, I only felt truth. That she would die. I didn't want to know truth, so I threw it in the river. And then a few minutes later, news came that your parents died. I took you in, and trust me, you made up for her completely." Hannah smiled.

    Hans and Zïâ had flown to Amit, to be in time for the Falling of the Stars for Amit. That night, only one star fell, right into Hans' outstretched palm. He looked up, grinning in the faint glow of the star.

     "Let's go home now."