Chapter 17

(Peyton's POV)

"Hey, Jack?"

"Yeah, sweets?" He smiled. I smiled at the name he given me.

"Do you believe that people go to heaven?"

"What brought this up?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. Just a question..."

"Oh, well, I don't know what I believe in, but I definitely believe in something." he said, shrugging. "you know, I've never really put much thought into the concept of an 'afterlife.'"

"I don't really consider it the afterlife. I believe that going to heaven is highly possible, if you want it to be. I also believe that if you believe in heaven, you have to believe in a hell."

"You sure are something else," he said smiling. "That's okay, though. I like you..."

"Me? Like that? Why me?"

"Yes. And yes. And because you're beautiful, sweet, interesting, you're perfect all the way around. Don't protest, it's true. I've only known you for like a week an a half. Maybe more, I don't know, but I know it's possible to catch feelings quickly..."

"And I know it's possible to catch feelings through a phone screen." I smiled..."Don't worry, I like you, too." I said, putting my hand on top of his. He blushed and smiled.

"Let's go get Gabby."

(Gabby's POV)

Peyton and Gilinsky are on their way because the finally released me!

"Heyyyy gurl!" I looked up to see Peyton, dancing like an idiot, with Jack trailing behind her.

"Yep, this is why I told those people who parked next to us that I didn't know you!" Jack said, laughing. Every time he looked at her, something sparked in his eyes. I recognized the look as the one I gave Shawn... and Nathan, once upon a time.

They were growing close. Maybe even too close. Last boyfriend Peyton had was kinda psychotic. He wasn't physically abusive, but he HAD to have control over everything. Especially her life.

"Hey, did you bring my clothes?"

"Duh..." she said, handing me my bag. I ran to the bathroom and changed. Peyton knew me so well... She brought my old Washington D.C. hoodie and some Aeropostále sweats. I changed quickly and threw my hair up in a messy bun.

I walked out, feeling cleaner and less exposed.

"Are you okay? Are we surprising Shawn or just everyone in general?" Peyton asked, laughing. I blushed and mumbled, "Everyone..."

"I bet," Gilinsky said. I glared at him.

(Shawn's POV)

We were all sitting in Jack and Jack's room. I was practicing on my guitar and singing quietly. Tryna figure out what my next song should be about. I mean Life of the Party and Something Big are good, but they aren't gonna get me everywhere I wanna go. I could write a sing about Gabby, but I dont think she'd like that.

I mean, I know she likes me... She told me. I just think she'll wanna slow things down. I wish she could hurry and come home... I can tell the girls miss her and I know I do.

(Gabby's POV)

All the boys and all the girls know Im coming home. The only one that don't is Shawn. They thought that he'd appreciate the surprise. I know it's only been about two weeks but I still really like him. It amazes me how he doesn't let the number of followers on his Twitter page change him. I got a text from Alyssa and Nash, snapping me from my thoughts.

Alyssa: He's so clueless... Its hilarious

Me: Leave him alone! Ill be there in like 3 minutes.

Nash: If you don't hurry, he is going to fall over.

Me: No he won't....

We arrived at the hotel and I was DEAD to shower. I walked up to the door of Jack's room because that's where Nash said they were. When I opened the door, everyone was looking at me, except Shawn since his back was to me. He had his guitar in hand. I walked up behind him and tapped his shoulder.

"Surprise!" I said, smiling.