Prologue- The First Stone

The boy made a sharp turn down the dark alley. He stopped and checked behind him. No one was there. Brooklyn's lights danced across the walls. He walked ahead, and nearly slipped in the snow that coated the ground. Once he reached the end of the alley, the lights of the city were far behind him. He nervously looked behind himself again. Once he was positive that no one was there, he shrugged off his thick black coat. Underneath, he had on no shirt. He rolled his shoulders back. He knelt down in to the snow and reached into his boot. He produced a tiny square. He quickly unfolded it and placed it on the floor.

"Call Number 17" He says in a hushed voice. Three tones play out of the plate sized square on the ground. Immediately a towering figure clouded the air above the square. "Are you here?" The boy nodded quickly. "Finally," the figure sighed. Its dark black cloak covered its body and it's face was covered. "Where is it? And change back into your natural form. No one is behind you!" It barked. The boy nodded and took a step back. His body involuntarily shuddered as he reverted back into his natural form.

Black scales raced each other as they covered his body. His body grew up and to the sides. By the time the transformation was done, he had tripled in size and black scales had covered his body. His voice was deep and gravelly now. "Here Master." The demon said. It bent down and reached into the jacket. In the pocket, it found a stone. It pulsed red and orange. It tenitavly held the stone out as an offering to its master. The figure stuck out its hand and the creature placed the stone it it. "Very good." The figure muttered. "My compensation?" The demon asked. "You promised my promotion." The figure chuckled and turned to the black, scaly creature. "Oh yes. Your promotion." The figure said. Its voice lingered on the word promotion.

The robe ruffled as the figure reached for something. Before the demon could process what was going on, a knife had lodged itself into it's head. Oily black blood stained the snow and the demon fell back. The figure chuckled as it watched the body disintegrate, leaving a black stain in the snow. "Never were smart creatures, demons." He looked down at the ground at the square. He clicked a button and faded away. The square folded itself up. With a pop it disappeared into thin air, leaving the dark alley empty.

Please tell me what you thought! Suggestions, Comments, anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading! And this is like a prolouge. It's ment to be a little confusing... There's still going to be a whole story to it....

Yeah! Thank you!  ~Izzy/Stele