Chapter 2: The Dragons Keep Their Throne

Nine Months Later

Rhaella Targaryen
I walked along the halls of the castle with great struggle, mostly because of my pregnancy. One of my handmaidens came across me.
"Your Grace," she said, " You were strictly forbidden to walk, due to how far you are in your pregnancy."
"Yes, I know, but it seemed like such a beautiful day. I couldn't help but walk out to the garden. I only want to smell the roses and see the beautiful sun for once. Is that so much to ask?"
"I suppose, Your Grace," she said, "But I will be bringing the bread wagon to carry you back to your chambers."
"Thank you," I said with a smile.
I continued walking until I came across the garden. It seemed so magnificient in the summer. It was absolutely breathtaking. I was in complete and udder amazement. Then, I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my stomach. The same pains I felt when I had went into labor with Rhaegar and Viserys. This was actually happening.

Rhaegar Targaryen
"Elia, my love, its time for our daily stroll through the garden."
"I'm coming, my dragon," Elia said as she grabbed my arm and ran out the door. "Oh, Rhaegar, I just love our walks through the garden. It reminds me of when we were first married."
"Oh, look, there's my mother. What is she doing out here in her shape?"
"Let's go say hello, My love," Elia said. "Your Grace," she said.
My mother turned around with a look of sheer pain on her face. "Mother, what is wrong?"
"My son, I'm afraid that you will be a big brother, once again, in a short amount of time."
"How short, Mother?"
"A matter of minutes. Help me to my chambers so that I may be comfortable."
"Yes, mother," I said as Elia and I helped her up.

Aerys II Targaryen
"My King! My King! The Queen is in labour."
Another child. Hopefully a wife for young Viserys. "Come to me when the child is born!"

Rhaegar Targaryen
Elia and I sat outside my mother's chambers silently. Her screams of pain filled the corridor.
Elia sensed my discomfort. "It's a part of labour, my love. The same happened to me when I gave birth to Rhaenys and Aegon. She will be fine. I'm sure of it."
"You always know what to say, my dear Elia."
Suddenly, the nurse exited my mother's chambers. "Your mother wishes to see you," she said as she walked away. I entered my mother's chambers, and approached her bed.

Rhaella Targaryen
"Where is Viserys?"
"I have sent word for him, Mother. He is coming."
"Thank you, Rhaegar, my son, for your love and compassion in a time like this. You truly are fit to be king."
"I'll leave you to rest, Mother," Rhaegar said as he kissed my forehead.
I looked down at the child that I was cradling in my arms. My beautiful daughter. I knew she was going to do great things. She was going to be a leader. My beautiful, strong Daenerys.