Chapter 3: Defying All Odds

Rhaella Targaryen

It had been almost four days before anyone would let me go about my daily life. I cradled Daenerys in my arms as I walked down the stairs, through the door, and out to the garden to get fresh air and stretch my legs. I sat down next to a rose bush and proceeded to pick the biggest rose I could find. I held the rose up to Daenerys' nose so she could smell the sweet rose, and, as I did, she opened her eyes and giggled. This had been the first sound she had made in days. "My sweet Daenerys," I said as I watched her smile and giggle again. She seemed to love the sound of my voice. She grabbed my finger with her tiny hand and looked at me. Her eyes said,'Tell me a story.' So, I told her about the prince that was promised. I told her how he would be descended from our bloodline. I told her how her father and I believed it would be Rhaegar or Viserys. Daenerys shook her head as if to tell me that I was wrong. Then, as if she had been talking all her life, she said,"Me."

(A/N): Sorry that this chapter is so short. I am trying to come up with more ideas. If you guys don't mind, please don't hesitate to express your opinon. Everyone's opinion is valuable to me! Thanks!