28

The older version of himself had brought him into the first vision he had.

The street was crowded and the light had become darker, no sun and lots of clouds.

Unlike the previous time, he could not hear Taehyung's laughter from across the line and people were not pushing.

He looked around to see if he could find him but did not move.

He realised that if he got closer, people would push him to the other side.

In every loop, everything and everyone was trying to push him away from Taehyung.

They would show him scenes of V taking control or make him listen to his laugh and voice, but he couldn't get close or whatever was in the vision would push him away.

With his heart in his throat, he braced himself.

Jungkook, you went through a zombie apocalypse with a bat, you can do that too.

His now too long hair flew in front of his face as the wind came from the direction he was heading. His pace was not slow but not fast either, and he looked for any clue.

What would be waiting for him on the bright side of the street?

He had no idea.

Then, he arrived in front of a strip dividing the bright side and the not, he stopped.

There seemed to be nothing to worry about, so with yet another sigh and a rather stiff stance, he crossed the line.

— Meanwhile

"We have to get out of here." Taehyung's voice broke against the waves of the sea that seemed more aggressive than usual that day.

"Jungkook still has to wake up."

"I know, but I feel like we're close to the solution. And I don't know how long it will take him to recover, but when he does, I want to be by his side."

"As V or as Taehyung?"

"As both. Because we are both now. Accept the fact that you will never be in complete control, V. We have a world to bow down to."

"You said the plan has changed though."

"What has changed is the fact that Jungkook will be by my side in all this, but the goal is the same."

"Are you really sure he will stay by your side?"

Taehyung looked towards the sun that was setting faster than usual, almost as if he was in a hurry to disappear, and replied:

"Through thick and thin he promised."

— After

Namjoon heard a loud crash behind the door.

His cousin had woken up and was fucking pissed.

He felt neither worried nor nervous at what Taehyung might do to him.

Why would he? He had already killed him once, he could have done it the second time and besides there was nothing human left in him.

With the door bursting open, causing the wall to break and branches to grow over their heads, Taehyung's figure stood ready to attack whatever got in the way.

And that thing was first the desk - which flew against the window, smashing it - and then Namjoon - who felt the sharp impact of his head against the bookcase - and soon afterwards the smell of Satus invaded their sense of smell.

"What the fuck did you think you were doing, RM?"

"Nothing much V. I wanted to make sure you and your husband woke up together like in a romantic comedy." He tried to wriggle out of his grasp but in vain.