Chapter 36: Now Its Personal

Changbin looked down at the guard, "What do we do with him? We can't just leave him here. If he wakes up he'll warn the others."

Jisung took his cell phone and pulsed. The phone lit up, then burned out, a wisp of smoke rising from it. "He won't be using that again," he said, tossing the phone aside.

"He can still come after us," Jeongin said.

"We'll tie him up," he said. "Minho, see if you can find some rope or something."

"Innie," Minho said. "Help me look."

"Always using the blind guy to find your stuff," Jeongin said.

He stayed close to the man, prepared to pulse if he suddenly roused. A couple of minutes later Minho and Jeongin returned.

"Found something," Minho said, holding up a roll of silver duct tape. "Who wants it?"

"I'll do it," Changbin said, kneeling next to him. Minho tossed him the tape, and Changbin rolled the man over onto his stomach, then pulled his arms around to his back. "Hey, Chan, make yourself useful and hold his arms."

Chan pinned the guy's arms to his back while Changbin wound the tape around his wrists and hands until they were cocooned. When he had finished, Changbin looked at Jisung and grinned. "He's not getting out of that."

"What about his legs?" he asked.

"That's next. Lift 'em, Chan."

Chan lifted the man's legs as Changbin wrapped the tape around them.

"Save some for his mouth," Minho said.

"I have plenty for his mouth," Changbin said. He wrapped the last of the tape around the man's head, covering his mouth and eyes.

"Don't cover his nose," Minho said. "He'll suffocate."

"I wasn't going to," Changbin said.

Jisung looked at the man. "No way he's getting out of that."

"My brothers did that to me once," Minho said.

"Did what?" I asked.

"Wrapped me up in duct tape like a mummy. I was only seven. When they were done they went out to play and forgot about me for like four hours. They only remembered me when my mom asked them at dinner if they knew where I was. She was furious when she found me. They got grounded for two weeks."

"I would have shocked them silly," Chan said.

"I wish I had known how to reboot people back then," Minho said. "I was just figuring things out."

"Jisung!" Jeongin said. "Seungmin's walking to his apartment."

"What a time to get brave," he said. "Minho, can you stop him?"

"All the way across the street?"

"Just try," he said.

He closed his eyes.

"Nothing," Jeongin said.

"It's too far," Minho said.

"You need to eat more bananas," Chan said. "The potassium in them will strengthen your powers."

"Come on," Jisung said. "We've got to stop him."

"What about the old man across the hall?" Minho asked.

"We'll be long gone before he wakes up. Maybe he'll think he dreamed it."

=:=

They raced out of the building and across the street. When they entered the apartment building Seungmin was still standing in front of his apartment door, getting up the nerve to walk inside. He slowly reached for the handle.