8ᝰ the need to know

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʜᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴜꜱᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜱʏᴍʙᴏʟɪᴢᴇ:ᴍʏꜱᴛᴇʀʏ

ᴍʏᴛᴇʀʏ

↳ᴀɴʏ ᴀꜰꜰᴀɪʀ, ᴛʜɪɴɢ, ᴏʀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘʀᴇꜱᴇɴᴛꜱ ꜰᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇꜱ ᴏʀ Qᴜᴀʟɪᴛɪᴇꜱ ꜱᴏ ᴏʙꜱᴄᴜʀᴇ ᴀꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴀʀᴏᴜꜱᴇ ᴄᴜʀɪᴏꜱɪᴛʏ ᴏʀ ꜱᴘᴇᴄᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ.

"You were born to be something beautiful," he said.

"Don't let greed devour you."

You weren't afraid of him, nor were you intimidated by him. It was the primary message in his statement that kept you up at night, insomnia produced by roaming thoughts. It was the unsettling sensation of not understanding what he meant, what he was hiding, and what was to come. It was more than a trifling caution—you knew it. You were left in the dark with no signs of direction, which was considered among the worst experiences you could endure.

So you left him there alone once more until you got the courage to see him again and returned to your place—your new place. No, it wasn't the best idea to keep postponing his release, whatever way he went—but you couldn't think straight from the first day you walked inside the laboratory. Everything was screwed up when compared to how you regularly thought, acted, and behaved. Existing felt like a never-ending migraine.

There was no doubt that this was the outcome of the first experiment. Dottore, that knucklehead who declared to be Teyvat's foremost scientist. Because of his failure to establish perfect results, all he ended up doing was fucking up your body and mind, preventing you from executing your job properly—ironically, a major victory for him. You contemplated getting the second operation done, but given his guarantee of incomparable power and superhuman strength, you decided to go forward with it.

You didn't want to get up after only an hour of sleep, but with sunlight streaming in through the curtain and blazing down on your face, you weren't given much of a choice. To avoid more inconvenience, you turned over to your side and cuddled further into your duvet, inhaling the scent of Dottore that had yet to fade away. Whether awake or asleep, you couldn't get away from him.