Chapter fourteen

"Jesus christ, this is her fourth near death experience in the last two months," a male voice uttered.

"What are the other three?" Another voice asked.

"Shot in the right shoulder, a little after that the left one, and I think there was another stab wound on her face or something," a third voice answered.

"You could have just asked," I croaked, sitting up.

I squinted my eyes until my eyes got used to the bright light.

There was two men and a woman spread out throughout the room, and staring at me with wide eyes.

"Where am I?" I said, looking around the unfamiliar room.

"Uh Enz-I mean Lorenzo brought you here," one of the guys said.

I was surprised to see the other guy was Leonardo who was looking at me weirdly.

"What's wrong with Leonardo's face?" I asked with a disturbed expression

Leonardo's face broke in a wide grin.

"Maybe I am dead," I muttered, rubbing my eyes.

"I mean you almost were,"the girl shrugged.

"That tends to happens to me a lot," I shrugged.

"I thought you were pretty annoying when I first met you, but I think you've grown on me," Leonardo snickered.

What happened to the cold broody Leonardo?

"I'm Giana and that asshole is Diego," the girl introduced.

"Ok sick, but who are you people," I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We're with the Cosa," Diego answered as if it was obvious.

I groaned and grunted trying to stand up from the bed.

"Ok, but where are we geologically," I clarified.

"Oh Arizona," Leonardo chuckled.

"You laughing is seriously freaking me out dude," I said to him.

That only got me a grin back.

"Ok, this has been real fun, but I've got to get back to my family," I said, trying to pull open the door handle.

"It's locked from the outside,"Diego said.

That left me only on option,

I dove for Diego and head butted him, knocking him out.

"What the hell-"

Before they finished yelling I grabbed Diego's gun and shot at the door handle.

Still holding the gun tightly, I ripped the door open and took off running into a place I was not familiar with.

I could hear voices yelling after I dashed down various hallways, trying to get them off my trail.

I turned a corner and a rough hand gripped my bicep

A tall burly man I didn't recognize was sneering at me.

"Let me go please," I said sweetly.

He squeezed tighter and I let out a disappointed sigh.

"I asked nicely, so this time I'm not going to be so nice," I said, bringing the hand I had behind my back up and slamming the guy in the head with the butt of the gun.

The guys eyes rolled back into his head and I dashed right past his slumped body.

I found myself back in the same hallway as before. It was a fucking circle.