The Triwizard Tournament

Through the gates, flanked with statues of winged boars, and up the sweeping drive the carriages trundled, swaying dangerously in what was fast becoming a gale.

Harry looked past Ron, out the window, seeing Hogwarts fast approaching, it's many lighted windows blurred and shimmering behind the thick curtain of rain.

Lightning flashed across the sky as their carriage came to a halt before the great oak front doors, which stood at the top of a flight of stone steps.

"Well it's been a pleasure guys, but as I can't apparate you..." Y/N spoke before he and Hermione silently disappeared.

"He can do that?" Susan asked shocked and wide eyed.

"Susan you have no idea what that guy can do" Lavender giggled.

Harry, Ron, Lavender and Susan jumped down from their carriage and dashed up the steps, looking up only when they were safely inside the cavernous, torch-lit Entrance Hall, with its magnificent marble staircase.

"Blimey!" Ron exclaimed, shaking his long hair and sending water everywhere. "If that keeps up the lake's going to overflow. I'm soak- ARGH!!!"

A large, red, water-filled balloon had dropped from out of the ceiling onto Ron's head and exploded. Drenched and spluttering, Ron staggered sideways into Harry, just as a second water bomb dropped- narrowly missing Lavender and exploding at Harry's feet.

Peeves cackled from above throwing water balloon after water balloon at the students before a bellowing voice ripped through the hall, stopping all in their tracks, including the poltergeist and an approaching Professor McGonagall, who had slipped and grabbed hold of Lavender to avoid falling.

"PEEVES. STOP THIS NONSENSE! NOW!!!"

The poltergeist gasped at Y/N, who glared at him angrily from the top of the marble staircase, hand intertwined with Hermione. Peeves whimpered:

"Sorry boss, didn't want to make you fret. Peeves did no harm they were already wet!"

"Here Peeves! Now!" Y/N ordered with fire in his voice as more students entered the hall and watched the unfolding situation in shock.

The poltergeist whimpered, floating up to
Y/N and hovering in front of him. Y/N asked with a commanding tone:

"Whom do you serve Peeves?"

"Y-y- you sir, Peeves didn't want to make you sour, please don't be mad, Peeves fears your true power!"

Shocked expressions and gasps looked up at the scene from the student body. Y/N smirked and chuckled:

"It's fine Peeves as long as you cease. But go annoy Draco, give him no peace."

The poltergeist's eyes lit up at the young Lord's words- cackling and circling in the air before disappearing.

Y/N and Hermione descended, hand in hand, as the shocked students looked at them.

"Thank you Y/N. I'll never know how you control him" Minerva chuckled at her young students.

"Peeves has experienced my... pointed temper first hand Professor" Y/N chuckled.

McGonagall's eyes widened momentarily in realisation before she smiled and held her hand out, replying:

"Well you best find your seats Y/N, Ms Granger."

She turned to Harry, Ron and the rest of the students.

"Well, move along then, into the Great Hall."

They walked across the Entrance Hall, following Y/N and Hermione to the large double doors on the right. Ron muttered under his breath, complaining about being wet, as they entered- the hall looking as fantastic as always. Golden plates and goblets filled the tables, gleamed over by hundreds of floating candles.