Alternate Universe - Part 10

NOT PART OF THE STORY

"Alternate Universe: Part 10"

Hawks woke up without Kira by his side. She wasn't in the bathroom, nor the kitchen, surely not the living room. No note, whatsoever, but when he woke up and got to his kitchen, food was ready along with his phone on the side. He looked at it and notice a voicemail, coming from Kira.

Hey, Keigo. You look too cute when you're sleeping and you were pretty much dead asleep, so I didn't wake you up. Mom, dad and Kuro had already left this morning, Kuro still had school and well, he couldn't be late. Mom and dad also have work so they had to go pretty early. They already packed up my things. Grandpa's with me at the station, settling my resignation. And after that, I'm off and back to where I started. It's fine really, I understand your point and Grandpa's, that's why it's for the best. Honestly, everything feels bullshit, right now. If I could just run away with you, I would and I know you would, too. But you're a hero, and I'm a detective, a police officer and so we can't- the phone got caught off as he listened to it. He scrolls down to find some more and he immediately pressed on it.

Sorry, got caught off. What I was trying to say was, we can't be together unless everything is settled and good. To think about it, sounds like a fantasy, but I know it will come true. Right! I had forgotten something to say to you. In those days with Dabi, he mentioned something about a war brewing and something big happening. He was also called by someone and I manage to hear some of what they said. Deika City and Liberation Army. That's what I heard, sorry for not being much of a help to you. Anyways, if you're wondering why I didn't say goodbye, just imagine how hard it is to walk away from you. I left you a kiss on the forehead, though. Maybe that's enough... I'm out of words to say, but if only we- the phone got caught again and he groaned, rolling his eyes as he pressed on the last of her voicemails.

Damn piece of technology, why can't they make voice mails longer. Anyways, where was I again? Oh, yeah, right. Ugh, it's cringey to say, but if only I went straight into your apartment that night, everything would turn out differently. Would you look at that? We're almost by the beach, did you know it's beautiful up in the sky? Well, of course you do, you're a flying bird. Hahaha. I miss you already. I trust you'll be able to do your job as well as I will be able to do mine. I send you all my love, No. 2 Pro Hero. The Winged Hero, Hawks aka Keigo Takami, or is that the other way around. I still don't know why you're my favorite hero, but I guess I just fell in love with your wings. Thank your wings for that... Goodbye for now, Keigo. I love you.

A tear fell from his eyes as he heard those words. He looked at the time of when it was sent and it was just 3 minutes ago. He immediately got showered, changed clothes and flew to where she was going. Near the ocean, beach, her hometown. He thought to himself as he flew even more faster, trying to get to her. Please, please. I just need one more hug, one more kiss from you. He stared at the cars, looking for Kira.

"Grandpa, would you mind if we stop here for a while? The beach seems peaceful", she asked her grandpa, staring outside the window of her car as her grandpa drove. "Sure, sweetie", he said and smiled at her from the rear mirror. They stopped near the beach, the sounds of birds flying and chirping in the nearby forest calmed her nerves. She wanted to cry, but she also wanted to maintain those tears within her eyes. "Oh Hawks, if you could see this view", she held her self, her hair on the side of her face and closed her eyes as she said these words a little loud. The breeze was so strong, but it felt easing and she loved it. "I see it", someone said from behind her. She gasped, knowing who that voice belongs to. "I also see you", she turns around seeing Hawks, none other than Hawks himself.

The tears she was suppressing, started flowing out of her eyes as she ran to hug him, hug him tightly like there was no tomorrow – in fact, there was indeed no tomorrow for them. "Keigo", she whispered onto his ear, as she buried her face in his neck. "I know it's hard to walk away, but it's much harder flying away from you", he said and it made her chuckle. She gazes at her grandpa who smiled at both of them. "What are you even doing here?", she asked him as they let go of each other. "I just needed one last hug and one last kiss. The breakfast, the voicemails and the kiss on the forehead wasn't enough", he smiled so softly. "You really are a big baby, Chicken Wings", she cupped his face, his hands on her waists. "I guess I should wait for you then", he chuckled. "More like I'll wait for you", she raises an eyebrow and rolls her eyes with a smirk on her face. "Let's wait for each other", he leans forward. "I would very much loathe that", she giggles as she kissed him, a passionate kiss filled with love. His wings had covered them from the heat of the sun, but mostly from her grandfather's view.

"Sounds cringey enough, but... till we meet again?"

"Cringey, but romantic, something that doesn't quite suit you", she laughed at him. "Till we meet again, Keigo Takami".

"I love you, Kira Yamasaki".

"You're my hero, Chicken Wings". They kissed again, smiling through it. As long as you're safe. For you, for love, I will fight.

TO BE CONTINUED...