𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲

On September 15, 2004, Kamila Grace Schneider was born to her parents Patrick and Kathrine

On September 15, 2004, Kamila Grace Schneider was born to her parents Patrick and Kathrine. Her parents were only twenty and quickly found that raising a baby was more work than either of them had expected. Kathrine cracked under the pressure of motherhood and bailed without any notice, leaving Schneider to take care of Kamila on his own. Thankfully for him, he had a great support system right downstairs.
Penelope Alvarez. She was a tenant at Schneider's apartment complex and lived right below him. She and her mother helped Schneider navigate through parenthood as a first-time dad and added extra support for his daughter.
The great thing about this experience for Mila was, it was how she met her best friend, Alex. Alex was Penelope's son. He was a month older than Mila and the two spent so much time together throughout their childhood, that they became fast friends.
When they were four, and in preschool, Alex had pushed another boy for making fun of Mila's hair, since Penelope hadn't had time to do it for Schneider that morning. When they were six they got "married" behind the playground at recess and then had Schneider officiate their "divorce" three weeks later, both claiming that the other was not "marriage" material.
The more they grew, the closer their bond got, leaving Alex's Abuelita, Lydia, to believe the two had something more than just friendship going on. She often told Mila she was the only girl worthy of Alex's love, and it always made Mila happy to have Lydia's support, even if she didn't love Alex in the way she wanted her to.
Now, they are in seventh grade and about to be teenagers. Hormones are changing and the two suddenly begin to feel new feelings they haven't had before.