Chapter 4

The school day was like usual. No one listened, no questions, no answers and bored ness spread through the classroom. The moment I hated the most was when I first had to walk across the enormous school to reach the biology lab and then having to open a door and see dirty, and kind of broken tables, walls with stupid, scribbled pictures on them and the very, but when I say very, I really mean very dirty chalk board. In biology, I always had to pay attention, thanks to Mr.Rodriguez, unlike in English. When Mr.Rodriguez was about to start the lessons he first had to clean the chalkboard. I never understood why, because he messed it up in the same way it has looked before, not cleaned and dirty. Well, when Mr.Rodriguez was about to start the lesson, the fire alarm started and all the high school had to leave the building. When the biology class was out on the parking lot, where the meeting point was in case of a fire, it started to rain. I heard the big, heavy raindrops banging against all the cars. My hair was wet, and my t-shirt was soaking. I hoped that we were going to be able to go back into the class, because I left my jacket in the biology lab. Then suddenly, I didn't feel the rain dropping on my head anymore, and my shirt wasn't getting wet anymore. I turned around and saw that Chris, had put his jacket around me.
"Oh hi! Thanks for putting your jacket around me, but aren't you getting cold and wet now?"
"No don't worry, I'm not made of sugar..." He said with a little laugh.
Then I felt his hand in mine, and he started to pull me out of the crowd. We quickly ran together through the rain, both covered with his jacket. We peeked behind us and saw the teacher coming out of the school. Chris quickly opened his car, and opened the door for me. He made sure that the teachers and some tattle tail wouldn't see us. He quickly turned towards the car, got in and drove off from the parking lot. We both started laughing and drove so fast that we forgot the world around us. I looked out of the window, and saw the trees blurry and fading away in the darkness of the gray clouds and the rains drops that blocked the view out of the window. Then I looked back to Chris, and laughed.
"What are you laughing about?" He chuckled
"Your hair, did you see your hair?" I laughed
"Why? what happened to my hair? Common tell me" He said laughing. Than he shook his hair made it even more messy. I started laughing, and all of my doubts drifted out of my head.
After a couple of minutes, we arrived at my house, and Chris quickly got out the car to bring me to the front door.
"I like spending time with you, maybe we could meet up again sometime?" He asked
"Yeah sure, now I really have to go in to do my homework" I said to him mumbling as if he is not supposed to hear. I opened the door, and leaned against it. I bit my lips together and closed my eyes, as if I could not believe what had just happened. I jumped up and down into the air. I danced and sang through the whole house, while jumping up the stairs. I was so happy! At the moment when I reached out for my bag, to the place where I usually put it, I realized that it wasn't there. I searched through the whole and house and thought where it could possibly be. Then after a couple of minutes I suddenly realized, that I had left it at school, since I drove away with Chris. I wasn't that negative about that, but then when I realized that even my car was at school, it became a big problem. I couldn't walk all the way. I would arrive after 3 hours, if it already took me 30 minutes with the car. I was so frustrated and worried! I really needed my bag! I had not finished biology and maths, and it was both for the next day. Suddenly I heard a motor roar on the parking
spot in front of our house. I know that there was trouble coming and I had no excuse for what I has done in the afternoon. The teachers probably called my dad already, that I had been gone after the fire alarm. I was expecting, my dad's squeaky wooden door, to be slammed and the noise of the keys dropping on a stair step. But I didn't. Instead I heard the door bell. I was surprised, and wandered who that could be. I looked out of the window, from which I had a perfect view on the parking spot and saw Chris's shiny, silver Fremont standing there. I opened the door and saw Chris.
"Oh, hey! What are you doing here?" I asked
"Hi Mia! I just wanted to give you back your earring, you lost in my car. "
Then I touched my ear and realized that I had really lost one earring in his car. He opened his hand and I saw my earring. It has a silver flower on top and a pearl hanging from it.
"Thanks so much, I would have really gotten in trouble if my dad realized I had lost my best and most expensive earrings..." I said with a little laugh.
"There's also...another thing my dad would get mad with... You remember when we drove from the parking lot in school? I left my car and my bag there. That means that I can't drive to school to get my bag and finish my homework" I said, sounding kind of worried
"Could you help me out of this mess?"