Two - NYC

-Finn Wolfhard-

12 years later, and I'm back in New York City. I opened my window to look outside clearly, some buildings changed, some buildings were new, and some buildings were just the same.

I was born here in New York City, but we moved to Vancouver in Canada because my father got a job there as the head cook, but years later he finally decided to start his own restuarant in NYC and be a chef. It's good to be back at New York.

When we arrived at our place, we started on moving in the boxes and slowly arrange everything up. My mom already has a job here in New York, at some company's lawyer.

My mom also got invited by the company for an event tomorrow, the invitation says to bring her family so she did, the event was pretty much boring because it's all adult stuff. I'm already 19 and still think these business events are completely boring, with all these tall tables with no chairs in the middle, then those fancy people would just stand there, and place their wines on the table, chatting. I wonder if they ever get tired of just standing.

Until a girl approached me, she was wearing a long fitted blue dress with glitters on it, her hair was curly and it looks like she's BlaSian, her hair was black and curly, I remember having that kind of hair. "Hello" She said. "My name's Madison Jones"

"Oh hi, I'm Finn Wolfhard" I smiled and shook her hand when she offered hers.

"You new here? It's my first time seeing you here" She said.

"Yeah, I am" I chuckled, it's nice to have a friend. It's been a while.

"You're my age right? 18? You look like it" She smiled.

"I'm 19, but close"

"That counts. So where are you from?"

"Oh, I just moved here yesterday from Vancouver" I responded, she knows how to start a conversation.

"Vancouver? That's from Canada right?"

"Correct" I smiled.

We were having a great chat, we almost looked like the other adults in the event. Until she was called by her dad. "Madison, come here, I'd like to introduce you to Mrs. Kendra"

"Shoot, I have to go, nice talking with you, Finn" She smiled and waved goodbye. But then it happened again, silence. I just kept on staring at my phone not knowing what to do.

3 days later and it was my first day of school, the campus was huge, the gate was so far from the actual building and I walked so far. Why do Universities always have these long pathways.

I walked into my first subject, some students were already there, but not a lot so I assumed I was a bit early. There were plenty of time before class starts so I took out my book that's needed, and played around with my phone for a bit.

I looked at the classroom door and saw a familiar girl, it was Madison, she noticed me right away and approached me again.

"Finn? What a small world, we're in the same class" She laughed.

"Right" I chuckled. "What a coincidence" I always have these akward situations whenever I talk with someone I just newly met.

"Well I have to get to my seat, nice meeting you again" She smiled and left.

Class then began minutes later, and turns out they were presenting their projects that's assigned to them individually. A girl got to present first, not even half of her presentation she was just staring at me, like I was the only person in the room, it was akward for me. She started scanning my looks, then so did I. She had long brown hair with slight waves, she was also wearing brown wideleg trousers with a slightly cropped white long sleeves shirt, she wore natural make up, and she looked clean with her appearance. But I can hear some of the students talking.

"What is she doing?"

"She's top 1 in class, she's not usually like that"

"Why is she suddenly... frozen?"

It was the first time in my life someone stares at me like that, it was weird and also confusing.

-rxmqie-
07.14.22