Ash and Dust (S.R)

Word count - 2k

Warning - Angst

I am so sorry in advance. This has been sat in drafts for ages and I have nothing else written right now

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The loud high pitched tone was offensive to the ears as the bundle of blankets made a groaning noise.

A arm blindily reached out from under them and fumbled around the bedside table, almost knocking over a glass of water on its mission to find the offensive device.

After a few moments, the hand found the object of it's desire and tried desperately tapping the screen to make it stop. When hitting it harder failed to point of practically smacking the screen, a sudden plop and ting of glass filled the room as the offensive noise stopped.

The hand triumphantly disappeared back under the covers before the room was filled with the rumble of low chuckling.

"Did you really just drop your phone in the water?" The low sleepy voice of Steve Rogers asked in amusement.

A tired hum was the only reply he received from his bed companion, causing him to wrap his arms around their waist, pulling them closer and burying his face in the crook of their neck.

He enjoyed moments like this, the pure bliss of holding the one he loved in his arms with nothing to disturb them but the early morning noises of Brooklyn outside their small apartment window.

He gently placed a kiss on thier soft shoulder, before moving to the neck and then the cheek.

"YN, as much as I love this and could stay here all day. We both have work, sweetheart" he said softly.

She shook her head, keeping her eyes closed. If they weren't open, she didn't have to start the day.

"Watch your language. That's a four letter curse word" she grumbled, earning an amused breathe to flutter against her bare shoulder.

"I'm sorry, darling" Steve chuckled before sighing and reluctantly letting go as his own phone rang.

He slowly sat up before getting out of bed and taking the call into another room. YN sighed softly as she watched America's ass go, looking perfect in grey bottoms.

'Guess that's it for this morning then' she thought, throwing the covers back more with a huff.

YN wasn't an Avenger or even part of SHIELD. Just a girl who worked in a diner to support her college degree in computer science and mechanical engineering.

Steve had met her during the battle of New York. YN had before trying to shelter and help the injured.

After about a year of coming into the diner for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Sometimes just a coffee each day or whenever he could. He finally worked up the confidence, with encouragement from a certain red head, to ask YN on a date.

It was nothing fancy or grand. It was actually just take-away coffee from the diner and a walk around the park. YN loved it through and the rest was history.

They had currently been dating for almost a year and living together for three months in YN's small Brooklyn apartment.
None of the Avengers knew about YN, apart from Natasha.

Steve figured he would tell them one day but he preferred the world not knowing he of his love. He wished he could show the world that she was his girl but he had a lot of enemies out there and didn't want them caught in the cross fire. Plus with the media and crazed fans, he wouldn't wish anyone to have to deal with that.