Chapter 1

15/07/22

Khushi was sited outside PG Flower shop nursing her cup of tea. Payal Gupta, the owner was busy serving a client inside. The two had known each other for years and were like surrogate sisters now. In fact, Payal had adopted Khushi as her little sister. What had started as a small shop had grown over the years to provide flowers to the elite of Mumbai and some of that glory and fame she owed it to Khushi.

Payal bid her customer goodbye who didn't miss a chance to say a word of greeting to the envied Mrs. ASR. Khushi smiled and reciprocated the warmth of Payal's customer. Payal watched their exchange with a smile. This was one of the reasons she loved Khushi so much and had respect for her. She was cool and down to earth. No one will ever guess she was the wife of the formidable ASR, a hot tempered, egoistic man, totally opposite of the free-spirited Khushi.

'Sorry to keep you waiting Khushi.'

'Oh Jiji, you're doing your job don't mind me. How are the boys?'

'Akash took them to Kolkata for their vacation.'

'I see, so it's a boys-out thing.'

'It is at this precise moment that I wish I had a girl child of my own to spoil rotten. Look they just left me as if I don't matter at all. Payal complained.

'Jiji, what are you saying if you can say that what should I say then?'

'I'm sorry,' Payal wanted the ground to open and swallow her. How can she be so insensitive? 'I didn't mean to hurt you or your feelings.' She apologized hugging Khushi sideways.

Khushi held her hand and smiled brightly as usual.

'I know and it's also my fault just because I don't have something I can't stop you or anyone from dreaming or wanting more right.'

'Don't give up dear, one day it will be ok. Your prayers will be answered so tell me, what surprise are you planning for your Arnavji?'

The two women laughed at their inside joke. The said man loathed to be called like that by his wife. It became a joke of some sort, but the good part is she stopped calling him that after they got married but he'd became her Arnavji.

'Uhm, I saw these rare flowers at the Botanical Garden, and I wanted to surprise Arnav his garden can use some. I know you know people up there so please, please, please Jiji do me a favour and hook me up.'

'Alright, you don't have to beg that much. What flowers are these?'

'Naked men Orchids and Hot lips.'

Payal squinted her eyes at Khushi and burst out laughing. 'Naked and Hot lips, Khushi? what are you planning to do with my poor Jija ji?'

'Don't be naughty Jiji, it's nothing. It's more like an olive branch.'

'Olive Branch, what did you do?'

'We fought, not our usual Tom and Jerry fights but this time it was massive. Soon after, he left for his meeting. I know I was being crazy but what could I do? I hurt sometimes Jiji, it really hurts.'

 Khushi started to cry, shocking Payal. Khushi was not a person to cry in front of others showing her weakness.

Payal engulfed and comforted her little sister feeling terrible for her. 'Was he linked with another woman again?'

It wasn't a new thing for Arnav Singh Raizada. He was always linked with hot models, old and young but that never bothered Khushi as she knew and trusted her husband. Had she paid ears to this kind of gossip, her marriage would have crumbled in its first days, or they wouldn't have married at all.