[13] Harrington's Girls

A month had passed and it was finally Christmas break

  A month had passed and it was finally Christmas break. The week was already shaping out to be a hectic one despite it being vacation. Not only was it Claire's birthday and Christmas  but they were also finding out the genders of the babies today. They planned to announce the gender along with the babies names at her birthday party to all of their friends. Sara had also planned a shopping spree the day after her birthday. Claire had tried to back out of that but to no avail.

  As for right now she was laid on Steve's arm looking up at his ceiling as Christmas music played on his record player. Steve was tracing her stomach with his finger, humming along to the record.

  "You know, you've got a bump now" Steve grinned "It's so cute" Claire blushed, sitting up and climbing off the bed much to Steve's protest. She walked over to the mirror, lifting her shirt as she examined her bump. She had definitely started showing this past week, she thought she would be able to hide it for a while longer but then again that was before they found out they were having twins. Now, at almost five months pregnant it was definitely obviously if she wasn't wearing loose fitting clothes.

  "Is it too noticeable?" She asked Steve worriedly. Steve laughed softly as he got up, wrapping his arms around her and holding the small bump. "It's not too noticeable I promise. But baby, who knows about a month from now. We can't keep hiding it forever. Words gonna spread, it's gonna spread to Billy" he reminded rubbing her bump and kissing her on the cheek.

  "I don't know what to do Steve. It won't be safe to go home anymore, your parents are coming back after school starts back up" she sniffled teary eyed "I just don't know what to do"

  Steve shushed her wrapping his arms around her chest, kissing the top of her head. "I'm gonna take care of it okay? Don't you worry. I'm gonna take care of my babies" he whispered rocking her slightly to the rhythm of 'Winter Wonderland'

  She sniffled, relaxing into his chest. His words were so genuine they put her at ease, she turned around in his arms leaning up on her tip toes to give him an appreciative kiss.

  "Now, let's go see our babies" he smiled.

***

  "So I was thinking, if we have two of the same gender we each pick one's name?" Claire suggested sipping on a slushie that she demanded Steve pull over for. "But if they're different genders we pick together"

  Steve nodded looking at the blonde "I love that idea, I've been thinking on some pretty good names" Claire giggled as they pulled into the hospital parking lot. "Me too! What do you think they're gonna be? I think we're gonna have a little boy and girl" she beamed "mothers intuition"

  Steve laughed at her as he stopped the car "Yeah? Well I think I've got some of that fathers intuition and think they'll both be boys. Two little Steve Harrington Jrs running around"

  "Oh god no, three of you? I couldn't do it I can barely stand the one of you" she laughed as Steve feigned hurt. He came around the car quickly opening the passenger side and escorting her out, taking her hand in his.