fries

''I don't know how you do this.''

Jimins says while chewing his lunch.

''Huh?'' Jungkook's eyebrows rose up at the statement. He was not paying attention.

His eyes follow where Jimin points with his chopstick and he sees Taehyung with Mina. A very cute girl who shares three classes with Taehyung.

''What do you mean? How do I do this? What is it do anything with me?''

Jungkook tries to get a glimpse of Taehyung and Mina talking next to the window while pretending to be focused on his sandwich.

''Nothing to do with you? She is flirting with your man gguk.''

Jimin gives him an disbelieving look.

''They are not flirting. Mina is just a friend...''

Mina settles her hand on Taehyung's shoulder.

''they are friends since beginning of college...''

She moves her hand down and up again on Taehyung's arms, softly caressing while smiling.

''Ant honestly if they were flirting-''

''They are.''

''No they are not. Anyway if they were- it wouldn't be my business because he is not my man. He is just my best friend Jimin, accept it. It's been four years my friend.''

Jimin just stares at Jungkook's eyes, he knows he can't convince Jimin. Believe Jungkook when he says he tried. First time they met at the beginning of college Jimin thought Jungkook and Taehyung were dating. Two of them didn't care that much and simply corrected him. They were used to it anyway. Everybody thought they were dating all the time. They just laughed it out. But after they became close with Jimin and his friends through the years, Jimin pushed Jungkook so hard that Jungkook had to accept the fact that he had a tiny crush on Taehyung when they were little.

When they were in high school, Taehyung presented as an Alpha and Jungkook presented as an omega. They were such good friends since childhood that in Jungkook's mind that automatically meant they were supposed to be together. It was not a big deal really. He probably was confused in his early teenage years and Taehyung was always there for him, always protective, always a little soft for him. Jungkook got confused about his feelings and thought he was in love with his best friend. He is not a kid anymore so he knows that such a thing is impossible.

Those were the years his mother left him to his grandparents without an explanation. Right after Jungkook presented his mother left him alone without a note, without a call, nothing. He never really knew who his father was, since he made such a good job at fleeing away, better than his mom. He left home when Jungkook was born. Jungkook's mother left when he presented.He couldn't stop him from blaming himself. Did his parents just hate him so much that they needed to put physical distance between them ? Was he a burden?

First few weeks all Jungkook did was bawling his eyes out and blaming himself. He just presented so he was vulnerable already. He overthinked so much that he actually started to believe that he is the reason his parents left. Despite knowing his mother was never happy, always longing for his mate that abandoned her, he loved her. Now he can't stop himself from missing his mother.

So during one of his crying sessions, Taehyung tried everything to make him stop crying, make him understand that this is not his fault, he's going to be so much more happy and healthy with his grandparents. When nothing seemed to work, Taehyung sigh and simply asked ''can i scent you?''

This was the first time Jungkook let his best friend scent him. Then it became normal for the two. They were not doing it often, but sometimes Taehyung felt more possessive or protective. Sometimes he didn't like the alphas Jungkook is spending time with or he felt territorial when his rut became close. Or sometimes it was Jungkook who was feeling clingy, needy. Occasionally omega demands scenting when he feels sad or stressful too.