Chapter 31: Thank you

Danny moved off the chair and into my open arms with no hesitation. I grabbed him and leaned back on the arm of the couch. He hovered over me, and his lips were so close I felt them brush mine when he said, "All I want, all I've ever wanted, is to be with you."

He kissed me with all the warmth, tenderness, and longing of a decade gone by. His mouth was firm, hot, and aching. I felt his passion and his intention.

This kiss wasn't an automatic gesture. Danny knew what he was doing when his lips covered mine, when his tongue found my own, and when his right hand gripped my waist.

My hands threaded into his hair. Some part of me registered how manly his frame was. In my peripheral, I could sense the broadness of his shoulders and the strength of his jaw as he hovered close to me and kissed me. I wanted him to settle on top of me. I wanted to feel the weight of him as his mouth continued to find purchase with mine.

His hand left my waist and traveled down to my hip. The movement of his mouth sped up. I gasped at the feeling, and my body flexed upward. When I did, we connected briefly.

Danny's fingers tightened around my hip before he pulled away. His chest rose and fell as a storm brewed in his ocean eyes. "I..." he heaved, "I could kiss you all night."

"That sounds like a good idea." I gazed up at him.

His eyes roamed down to my mouth. He looked as overwhelmed as I felt.

"I just...love you so much," he said.

I shivered. "I'll never get tired of hearing you say that."

He placed a chaste kiss on my forehead and then gently pulled me up with him. I snuggled into his chest, and he wrapped his arms around me.

"MJ," he sighed.

I reached up and felt his jaw. It was so masculine. He was so masculine.

"Don't go, tonight, Danny. Stay with me. We don't have to do anything. In fact, that might be a little too much after such an emotionally charged day."

He squeezed me. "Yeah, MJ. We'll need to...talk about sex before we do anything. And I agree, not tonight."

I chuckled.

"What?"

"Sexual logistics."

He kissed my hair.

"Do you have to bring Harvey back the car?"

"If it's not a game day he usually sleeps until ten, so as long as I bring it back before then, it should be fine. I'll shoot him a text. I can sleep on the couch."

"I want you in my bed with me."

Danny gently pulled back to look me in the eye. "MJ, think about it. I don't have a change of clothes. Do you...really want me in your bed, mostly naked?"

"I do." My tone was sultrier than I intended.

His eyes clouded over. He placed his large hand on my face and kissed me slowly before he away. My body trembled.

"We shouldn't tonight," he said quietly.

"Yeah," I agreed.

"Hence the couch."

I thought for a moment. "I have some of Hector's stuff he left behind when we moved this summer. He told me to keep it. I've got some t-shirts and sweatpants. Not sure if you're the same size but, would that suffice? I could also wear sweatpants and a shirt."

He gazed at me before he said, "You really want me near you."

"Yes."

"Okay, MJ."