35 | Telling Tony

Your POV
"So you're telling me to create a fake mission?" Tony said after hearing your plans that I have discussed with Wanda. "Also, why are you telling me this last? I should have been here when you guys were discussing this."

"Because you were too busy. So are you helping or not?" Time was limited and I suspect that the Black Organisation will move within these two days.

"You want Wanda and I along with Nat on the mission? Why include Nat? I thought it would be better if she didn't participate in this."

"Initially, I thought the same. But I remembered that they were really good at encrypting stuff so I needed her to hack anything that's there. This way, she will also not notice that I'm not in the compound." I explained. It was planned that I will hide in the quinjet and follow them to the base as Bill will be waiting somewhere further out the streets just in case anything goes wrong and I need to bail. If we have any reward, I would take them and bring them to Hailey.

"It's going to be tough to convince why the unusual grouping but it should be okay."

"It needs to be an emergency mission. You can't give her time to figure out that it's fake." I reminded Tony before he left.

"I got it. Take care of yourself, you're still hurt."

I told Hailey that the plan was in motion and she and Conan can get ready when we bring the resources to them.

A knock on the door made me hide my phone away and it was Natty who came into the room. "Texting your crush?"

"Natty..." I whined. This topic needs to stop soon.

"Alright... I'm heading for a mission so stay here and don't go anywhere."

"Got it..."

---

When Wanda gave me the clearance to leave the medbay, I hurriedly went to my room and geared up as well. Making sure I took my enhanced shoes before heading to the quinjet. Wanda was already waiting there making sure I had a place to hide. Once I was in place, she placed a few crates around me so I was hidden away from Natty.

"So we are going in and killing two guys? Why do we need so many people?" Natty entered the quinjet and the door closed behind her before taking off.

"You're mainly here to get data." Tony passed her a thumbdrive. "Wanda and I are here to kill and cover you."

"Aren't we going to bring anyone back?"

"Not this mission."

Natty got herself ready as she went through the mission brief once again. It wasn't a long trip and soon the quinjet got ready to land and everyone stood up ready for the door to open. "Remember, this is a silent mission. No loud noises unless necessary." Tony said as Nat took out her batons.

Everyone nodded and left before I stood up from my hiding place. Checking once again that Bill was already at place, I followed behind them after they had cleared the place. Quietly, I made my way in and checked if there were any other things that could be used. Especially any files that could lead us elsewhere.

The critical place for me would be the lab where Hailey said they often gave her information when she was still working for them. When I came across files that I wasn't sure if it was needed, I took a photo of it before bringing it with me. Just in case I need to drop everything and run.

I came across a list, they have been doing experiments on a lot of other test subjects which I assume they just picked from the streets. I came across my name towards the bottom but its result stated unidentified. All the rest were dead. So I wasn't the first victim, but why wasn't I dead?

Before I brought it back with me, I noticed Miyano's last name. That was Hailey's real last name. She said her mother died creating this drug so it could only be her sister, as it was a female's name. She never told me she had a sister, does Conan know about this?

Deciding not to waste time here, I went further in and saw Natty in the control room. I needed her to take the data in the lab too, how am I supposed to go about telling her? I need to find Wanda. She can tell Tony through the comms and he can tell her.

Without audio cues, I have no idea where the rest were. I went further in to find her and thankfully, I managed to catch a glimpse of her red coat and I ran faster after her. Turns out, she has been eliminating quite a number of people.

"Wanda!" I whispered trying to get her attention.

"Y/N, what are you doing here?" She dragged me into a room which she had cleared earlier.

"I need you to tell Tony to tell Natasha to get the information from the lab as well. That's the most critical part... for me to change back."

She looked at me for a while before nodding. "Stay safe." She said after relaying to Tony. "Nat is heading there now, be careful."

I gave her a smile before heading back. Since I was much smaller in size, I managed to stay under the cover without having to crouch much.True to Wanda's words, Natty was already there working things out. I watched as the screen filled with numbers and words and the download bar progressing.

Hailey checked in with me that she was receiving information. The thumb drive that Tony gave Natty was special, as it downloads data from the computer, it also sends the data to Hailey's computer at the same time.

Once Nat was done, I heard that she was heading back to the quinjet. Assuming that the job was done, I texted Hailey to check through the data while I was still here. Tony also sent two images of Vodka and Bourbon being dead. But I wasn't going to take any chances, I went to check their corpses and made sure they weren't wearing any masks.

Finally, they are dead. All that's left is to get back my body.

I ran back to the jet just in time before the door closed. Wanda saw me making my way to the hiding space and made up an excuse to leave her seat to distract Natty.

"Are you okay Wanda?" Nat asked.

"Y-yeah, just needed a breather from the mission." Wanda came up with something.

"Are you sure? The mission is a lot easier than others. Did you see anything?"

"N-no." Natty squinted her eyes but left it at that, not pursuing the issue any further.

When we reach the compound again. Tony told Natty to stay back so I had time to run back to the medbay and lay on my bed as if I had left. I was having a hard time calming down after running and I knew I wouldn't be able to fool Nat in this state so I called Bruce for help.

"My shoulder hurts... can you give me some pain medication so I can sleep?" I know this isn't a good thing to do.

"I'll see what I can do." Bruce went to the lab and got some medication for me and injected it into my bloodstream. Thankfully, until I fell back asleep, Natty didn't enter my room and I was able to get away with it. 

Posted on 25 Sept 2022