Ill Fated

Daniel thought Valerie was joking but by her sad eyes she wasn't. He felt the room spin as his breath was knocked out of his lungs by Valerie's words. How could this be? How come he had never heard or seen her when he was at Red Bull with Sebastian? His mind was racing with a thousand thoughts but he felt Valerie tug his hand with a sad smile.

"It was before you were at Red Bull and I never attended any races. Sebastian and I were young and lived life fast and recklessly. We also loved each other like that too and I guess you know how that ended since I'm here and clearly not married to him." Valerie said with a light jest in her tone. She wouldn't say that she regretted that part of her life that she shared with Sebastian but she deeply hated how she chose to recover which haunted her to this day. Yet it was how she was able to accomplished all that she had now. Daniel watched carefully as Valerie took a large sip of her glass of wine before laughing.

"Don't worry about it Daniel, I'm fine and it's all in the past. I'm sure Sebastian has forgotten about me by now. I just wanted to let you know so that you heard to from me and not some sleazy tabloid" Valerie said trying to ease the storm that was currently brewing in Daniel's mind.

"I don't know what to say Valerie except that will you be okay tomorrow? Seb will definitely be there." Daniel asked not sure what he was feeling from this sudden revelation. Valerie suddenly felt dejected as if she was being judged. She sunk back into her seat and let out a sigh making Daniel panic internally.

"I need to use the ladies room, excuse me." Valerie said standing up and walking away from the table. Daniel watched Valerie walk away and tried to wrap his head around this new piece of information. Out of all the 8 million people in the world he somehow managed to fall head over heels for the most amazing woman that had once been engaged to one of the other 19 drivers on the grid. What where the chances of that? He knew that this shouldn't bother him but he was worried about if Valerie was going to feel comfortable about seeing Seb again. He didn't even know how long it had been since Valerie had seen Seb last.

Valerie was now in her office as she tried to settle her racing heart and dizzy head. Was it a mistake to tell Daniel so soon? But she knew since she was heading back to the paddock that she was bound to see Sebastian. She didn't want it to seem like she was being shady or using Daniel in anyway. Valerie fixed her hair and made her way back to Daniel. She was about to sit down when Daniel pulled her over to his side and flushed against his body then capturing her lips with his own. The kiss was rough and a battle of dominance as Daniel ran his fingers through her hair giving it a light tug. They broke apart and Valerie looked at Daniel confused.

"I just want you to know that your past doesn't bother me one bit. I just want to make sure that you're okay. Just tell me, when was the last time you saw him?" Daniel asked playing with a stand of her hair.

"I haven't seen Sebastian in 8 years. That was the same night he ended the engagement." Valerie said with no expression. It was so long ago that it didn't even hurt anymore. Daniel smiled and pecked Valerie's lips.

"I'll be there for you no matter okay? Just make sure you cheer for me from my garage." Daniel said making Valerie gush.

"I'll be your number one fan." Valerie said taking Daniel's hand.

"Let's head back to the hotel, I I have an early day tomorrow." Daniel said taking her hand and standing up. Valerie drove them back to the hotel. They both headed to there rooms and wished each other goodnight.

Valerie woke up at 6am excited for the day ahead. Today she was heading to the paddock with Daniel in her car. After their amazing night together Valerie was determine to be there for Daniel and not let her past influence her. She was here for Daniel and she wanted him to have her absolute attention. She was dressed in a simple black turtle neck and denim jeans with her hair slick back. She had put on a light makeup look since she knew she would be hiding behind her sunglasses all day. Valerie wanted to blend in and not dare to draw attention to herself.