The Concubine

Yeah, remember when I tweeted about this idea I had of an au of my King's Omega au?
The idea kinda ran away from me, to nobody's surprise lol
So while some of this might sound a bit familiar to you if you read The King's Dancer or The King's Mate, the setting is still pretty different, so sorry about that xD
And if you haven't read either of those stories, no worries, you don't need to read them to enjoy this one :D

With all that said

Happy Birthday, Dianxia \(*^o^*)/

______________________________________________________________________________

Xie Lian woke up slowly, stretching himself luxuriously beneath the silky sheets. The action made him aware of several sore spots all over his body, but that much was expected at this point. He took it as proof of a job well done.

Once he woke up properly, Xie Lian headed over to his bathroom, in order to clean up. Of course, he'd already cleaned up before going to bed as well, but he'd been rather... out of it... and had done a somewhat sloppy job, not least of all due to his slightly impaired physical capabilities at the time.

After all, the king had been gone from the palace for a few days beforehand and had been extremely ravenous by the time Xie Lian arrived in his chambers. Not the king's private chambers of course; no concubine had the permission to enter those. He'd been summoned to the chambers the king liked to call his pleasure den.

The pleasure den was a series of chambers specifically made for the king to enjoy himself among his concubines. Each chamber was built to create a different atmosphere; for example, there was the white chamber, which was Xie Lian's personal favourite. It was a bit smaller than most of the other chambers in the den, but it gave him the comforting feeling of brightness and warmth, and it had a sense of purity and delicacy to it. As the name suggested, the walls of the room were painted in a white colour that only had a bit of a light-bluish tint to it, and the spacious bed, the rugs, as well as the little bit of furniture it had were all kept in white as well. There were even silver details on the bed's frame that gave it a bit of a luxurious feeling.

There were other chambers as well, like the pink chamber, the green chamber, the blue chamber, the mysterious black chamber, which Xie Lian had only ever heard stories about, though he never had the opportunity to confirm said stories for himself yet. But apparently, the room contained lots of chains and oddly purposeful furniture. And of course, there was the red chamber, the king's obvious favourite. All of these chambers were connected to a single, winding hallway, which also led to a spacious bathing area. Xie Lian had only seen that area once so far, but it had really impressed him.

There were three different pools in the area, all of which were serving different purposes. The one that was up on the platform was allowed to be used for sex and had lots of compartments built into the surrounding stone in order to ease access to all sorts of oils from within the pool.

The second pool was usually used for aftercare. The king liked to do all sorts of things with his concubines, but whenever he had one of his rougher days, he always personally ensured their well-being afterwards. And so this pool was always ready with medicinal herbs and oils, as well as scented candles to ensure the concubines were always well taken care of and wouldn't be left with permanent afflictions after their job was done.

The third pool was a natural hot spring that had been found underneath the castle while it had been built several centuries ago. It had always functioned as the reigning king's personal hot spring, but apparently, it had been the current king's idea to expand the area, and connect it to the pleasure den. It was strictly forbidden to have sex in that particular pool, since the water couldn't be as easily changed as it could be in the other artificial pools, and it was purely for relaxation after a particularly taxing session. As far as Xie Lian knew, the king had never actually bathed in the third pool with any of his concubines.