Chapter 2

Xie Lian was woken up by the late afternoon sun streaming into his room and onto his face. He grumbled a bit to himself, before turning around and trying to stay asleep. However, if the light was shining into his room from that angle, it meant his afternoon nap had already been longer than he had intended. He still had plenty of time to get ready of course, but there was an issue Xie Lian had hoped he could sleep away. Which, unfortunately, had not worked.

A few weeks had passed since Hua Cheng had taken Xie Lian to that black chamber and made him feel things Xie Lian had never thought were humanly possible to feel. During those few weeks, Hua Cheng had requested Xie Lian's presence in the pleasure den almost every day. Of course, Xie Lian would never complain about that; after all, it meant that he was doing a good enough job to satisfy the king. Which was something Xie Lian was truly glad about.

It also didn't hurt that Xie Lian did genuinely enjoy himself rather thoroughly whenever he was called to spend time with the king. Sure, it had left his body sore on most occasions, but it was the good kind of sore, that was always gone by the evening of the next day anyway. And Hua Cheng himself was obviously happy with Xie Lian's work as well. He surely wouldn't keep calling him down there otherwise. Just knowing that he did a good enough job for the king to request his services so frequently, was something that made Xie Lian feel genuinely happy, and even a little proud.

Overall, he really couldn't complain about his job here.

The issue was that his job did feel like a job today.

Xie Lian wasn't in the mood to get pounded into the mattress, nor to have a dick in mouth. He was aware of how his body worked; enough to know that this complete disinterest in doing any sort of sexual activity always happened when he was the furthest away from his last and next heat. Xie Lian called this low point simply the beginning of his next heat cycle.

It had never really been an issue before, since Xie Lian had been raised as the White Lotus of his house, and never needed to please anyone for real. But now he obviously couldn't just tell the king that he didn't feel like it. If everyone just simply wouldn't show up for work whenever they didn't feel like it, this palace, or well, this whole country, would be unable to operate in any sort of capacity.

Xie Lian had a job like everybody else, with duties and responsibilities that needed to be fulfilled. Of course, his work only affected one other person, and was therefore much less significant than the job of a farmer, but it just so happened that the person it affected was the most important person in the whole country. Though, even if that wasn't the case, who was Xie Lian to say 'I don't feel like it' to his employer? He certainly didn't possess that sort of audacity.

Xie Lian trying to rationalise his duty to his king didn't make it easier to get out of bed, but he forced himself to get up anyway, and dragged himself into the bathroom to freshen up.

For a split second, he wondered if maybe the king would allow Xie Lian to entertain him in another way, maybe with a dance. But then he remembered the last time he had danced for the king, and how ravenous the king had been afterwards. Thus, he threw the idea out quickly, and sighed heavily.

It was at this point that Xie Lian was starting to feel a little angry towards himself. He had arguably the most fun and easiest job in the whole kingdom, with the best benefits he'd ever even heard of. It should be easy for him to feel motivated to work every other day. Heck, he didn't even have to work every single day and still always had the most delicious meals every day. Why did he think he had the right to be so ungrateful? Was working for the king in such a direct way getting to his head? Was he becoming one of those concubines who had their noses stuck up so high that they lost sight of reality?