Nine

I was shaking. I was so furious I could hear myself panting seriously. The nerve of the jerk! I stood at the same point as I watched him walk out. I started pacing about until I heard a knock on the door again.

"I said get out!" I screamed. The door opened and the two people I needed the most came in.

"It's okay." Timi whispered as they walked to me. I ran into their arms and the tears I'd been keeping for days came out like a waterfall. I was hurt too bad.

"I'm a fool... I'm a fool... I'm a big fool." I kept on repeating as I cried to them.

"Don't say that, babe. You were in love. You did nothing wrong." April said.

"When did you guys know about it? " I asked them after about fifteen minutes of crying as I cleaned my eyes for the umpteenth time.

"I received a whatsapp message from an unknown number. The person claimed to be the wife of my bestfriend's boyfriend but I kept on insisting that Steve was single. She sent me pictures of their wedding certificate and their wedding pictures. It happened three years ago." April said sadly.

"Three years? A whole three years and I've been the fool? He got married to someone when we were three years deep into a relationship?" I asked as I started wailing again. I cried like a widow for sometime before Timi spoke up.

"Sapphy, that's not all. You need to know everything now so you don't keep on getting heartbreaks when you hear who your bastard ex truly is. That fool has a child of three years plus!   His family is based in Abuja and that's why he works there and only comes to see you during the weekends. Ever since he got married, he relocated and lied to you that he was transferred." I kept on crying because I had been used like the big fool I was. I was too hurt to even feel anything. Steve called my line close to a hundred times but I didn't pick up. He sent different texts but I didn't reply. Timi and April had to seize my phone so I wouldn't bash it on the wall. They stayed with me till the next day as I had series of breakdown. I couldn't eat without crying, I couldn't shower without crying, I literally couldn't do anything without crying. I was just so broken to the point of no repair. My friends suggested I took a week's break to get my mind off everything and I was so happy to leave my problems behind. They already took work permit on my behalf and we had planned out how the week was going to be. They were ready to let go of their daily businesses to attend to my emotional needs. I was so grateful to them. They never allowed me to stay idle because it always made me remember Steve and I was trying my best to get over him. I had packed up my box for my break when I heard a knock on my door.

"Who's there?" I asked as I went to the door, expecting to see my girls but I saw an unfamiliar lady, heavily pregnant, looking at me like I was her little daughter who she was about to scold.

"Sorry, please who are you?" I asked in confusion, not able to recognize the face from anywhere.

"You still don't know me? I guess Steve was never going to tell you about me then." She sighed and rested her weight on her left leg.

"Steve's wife." I stated in a bored tone.

"Correct. I just came to know the lady that kept dragging my husband's attention away from me.  The mistress he kept here while he kept me in Abuja and kept on feeding me with lies about how I'm the only woman in his life and how he can't do without me." She blabbed and I was getting irritated. What was she trying to do?

"Steve and I were together for six years. Three years before you showed up."

"You were with him for three years before I showed up and he never put the ring on your finger? What a shame."

"I'm respecting the fact that you're pregnant. Please leave my house." I said calmly but she didn't budge. She was a bag of trouble and she was just trying to push my buttons but I wasn't going to react.

"I'm seven months pregnant with our second baby. Did he tell you that? Aww, nope, that's so sad."

"Get out of my house this minute." I said calmly again. She was about to move before she stopped and looked at me again.

"Before I go. Please stop talking to my husband and allow us to have a peaceful family without having an intruder in it."

"I'm over him. Now get lost before I call the security to throw you out like a bag of shit." I said and she tried to slap me but I held her hand quicky and squeezed it.

"No. Don't ever try it. You'll regret it if you try to even lay a finger on me. Ask your husband, he knows my capabilities." I said and folded my arms, ready for the war. She hissed and walked away, looking bloated and ready to burst open anytime soon.
Soon after, my friends came to pick me up and we went to the airport before flying to Seychelles for a break. April's boyfriend sponsored our flight and everything we were going to do while we were there. All we did was pack our clothes to have fun.