Eleven

After everything, we got to my house and they stayed a while with me. We branched a supermarket and got some groceries for me and some junk foods for everyone before getting to the house. We were currently seated in the living room and talking to eachother while watching a show on TV when April brought up the topic.

"So when are you going to tell Bryan? Now or later in the evening."

"Uh...to be honest I don't have any plans of telling him now. I just need some time to think about it and even if he's ready to accept the baby, then that means we'll have to start working together towards the future of the baby and I don't think I'm ready to go down that path yet."

"You have to take it in steps." Timi said as she chewed on her potato chips.

"Yeah. We know you just got out of a relationship and you're likely not interested in Bryan but at least, start up something. Your baby needs a father. Very soon, your mum will get to know and you're not going to tell her that your baby is fatherless." April added.

"Yeah...I know. But he's not interested in me and I'm not interested in him either. Does he really have to know that I have his baby?"

"Look, talk to him about it tomorrow. It's Saturday and both of you can talk about it in full. If he doesn't take it well, then it's his loss, and if he does, then good for him."

"Okay. Thanks girls." I said after April spoke. We chatted about other things but the issue couldn't stop bothering me.

It was Saturday morning and I'd spent the whole night practicing exactly how I was going to spill the bean to Bryan, the father of my child. It sounded so weird I could almost not believe it myself. I knew the doctor said I had to be on total bed rest but I needed to tell Bryan about the baby more than I needed the bed rest.

The morning sickness wasn't so much like the previous day so I was able to do the chores around the house. I showered and put on a big white t-shirt and a black denim booty short. I put on my short silky black bob wig and my customized bracelet before leaving the house to knock on his door. I knocked twice and the door opened but it wasn't who I was expecting.

"Goodmorning. Who are you looking for?" A beautiful lady asked. She was light skinned and very pretty. She had just a towel that stopped mid thigh around her body and another one around her head.

"I came to see Bryan." I said, not feeling like telling him anymore. She is just a fling. Go ahead and tell him. Besides, she will leave before afternoon. I told myself. I had some confidence because she wasn't going to be interested in whatever I was telling him. She went in and stayed for sometime before coming out again and opening the door wider, allowing me to step in. I got in and saw Bryan with his head in his fridge, probably getting something.

"Babe, do you want the apple flavour or the orange flavour?" He asked. Babe?

"Anyone will do. The person is here." She said and he turned to see me. I noticed his eyes widen for a bit but it went back to normal almost immediately.

"Hi, Sapphire." He said, obviously just trying to civil. I mentally rolled my eyes and gave him a genuine smile.

"It's been a while." I said, trying to bring up a conversation.

"Yeah. Uh...Babe, this is my neighbour, Sapphire. She lives next door and Sapphire, meet my official girlfriend, Tehilah." He said as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Girlfriend? Wow! Uh... actually, I just uh...I just wanted to say hello. I'll be leaving."

"I'll see you off." He offered and I just rushed out while he pecked his girlfriend and followed me to the door.

"You decided to talk to me out of the blues, Sapphire I'm not a fool. You obviously came to tell me something."

"It's nothing relevant and it would be advisable for you to reduce your voice before you attract your girlfriend." The name sounded weird being related to Bryan.

"Do you love her?" I asked sincerely.

"Yes I do. A lot." He said and I almost rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm happy someone was finally able to tie you down. Hope she makes you happy."

"She does. A lot." He said and I feigned a smile. Something about his one night stand nature made him seem better. I realized I didn't like the idea of him being stuck with one woman. Besides, he was just a neighbour and nothing else. A neighbour, the father of my unborn child. I unconsciously touched my flat tummy and smiled.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'm fine. I'm just going to my house. I'm guessing you won't need my food now since you have a girlfriend." I said jokingly.

"Your food was amazing while it lasted sha. I now have my personal chef." He said proudly and I laughed heartily.

"Don't come back asking for my food oh." I said.

"Don't worry, Tehil is always there for me." He said.

"Bye, neighbour." I said and he frowned.

"You're still neighbour-zoning me?" He asked and I nodded.

"Maybe." I shrugged and waved at him as I walked to my door and opened it. Getting in and shutting it, I couldn't believe it. He was in a freaking relationship! Something inside me didn't want him to be in a relationship and I also didn't want to be in a relationship with him. Screwed. That was my situation. How was I going to tell him that he was going to be a father when he already had someone very serious that made him happy?