Ch 9

(Jayme's Pov)

"You need to explain yourself. I'll leave you two alone." I immediately grimace as Joshua leaves and look at Hansol sheepishly. "Um hey." He immediately gives me a look before asking with a frown. "What's binding? And how'd you break your ribs?" I immediately sigh and look down at my hands before saying hesitantly. "I was born different. I was born a girl but I knew I was a boy. So I made it to where I live as a boy fully but I have to hide my chest so I um I wear this compression top that flattens my chest and everything. Your not supposed to wear it over eight hours but I didn't want you guys knowing I was different so I kept wearing it until today." He stares at me in slight disbelief. "You purposely put yourself in danger because you didn't think we'd accept you? That's so ridiculous and stupid! We would have accepted you if you would have just explained." I immediately look ashamed and shift a little grimacing in pain before mumbling softly. "I'm sorry. Joshua said you guys would be accepting but I was scared." He shakes his head. "Well you didn't have to hurt yourself. You gave me a heart attack. I don't like seeing people I care about hurt." I immediately blush. "You care about me?" His cheeks tint pink and he shuffles his feet shyly. "Well yeah. Your apart of us now." I smile at that then look at him pleadingly pouting. "Do you think you can have Joshua get me checked out? I don't wanna stay here all night." He blinks before saying sternly. "The doctor says you need to be monitored overnight because of your breathing." I immediately pout and whine. " I don't want to though." He goes to say something when suddenly Joshua steps in. "To bad. Your staying until it's safe." He then looks over at Hansol. "You better get home." Hansol immediately frowns protesting when Joshua gives him a reassuring look. "He'll be fine lover boy. Besides only family can stay overnight." He blushes and I do as well he giving a little smile and tells me to hurry and get better before leaving. Once he's gone Joshua takes a seat beside me giving me a serious look. "No more binding for a very long time. And why didn't you tell me you were asthmatic?" I give a little shrug mumbling. "Didn't think it was that important since I usually have my inhaler." He shakes his head at me. "Your gonna end up giving me a heart attack from worrying about you." I immediately feel a little bad and give him an apologetic look. "Sorry Joshua." He gives me a reassuring smile. "It's fine." It's quiet between us for a minute before he smirks at me. "So you and Hansol huh?" I immediately blush bright red and hide my face. "Shut up!" He chuckles in amusement and teases me. "You like him! And not just as friends." I peek between my fingers glaring at him and shake my head then rub my eyes tiredly Joshua's expression softening. "Go ahead and sleep." I mumble a tired thanks and carefully get comfortable before slowly falling asleep.