The mysteries behind them. Part 2

《Creator here! Someone requested ships for the next chapter, so that will be the next chapter! Also just to clarify tha i do not ship the ships that are requested! Enjoy!》

Cuphead/Charles Pov:
How can we read this??? "You didn't answer my question" Devil said startling me, "Well uh.." Milo(Mugmans human name) Said, "HEY WHOS OUT THERE!?" A loud voice came from the entrance of the temple, "SHIT! CMON" I grabbed Devils arm and Milo grabbed Dice's. "SHOW YOURSELVES!!!" The voice yelled again, it was getting closer. "RUN RUN RUN!!" I whisper-yelled as we ran through the Temple. We made it to the cyclops skeleton, just escaping the person looking for us barely, "Hm... Mightve just been some of the creeps wondering around" we heard them walk away.

"Well, we lost them, that's good" I said panting from running so far, "Yeah, but we can't get back to the thing we could've read without possibly getting caught.." Milo said, very clearly distressed. "You never did tell us how the hell you could read that" Devil spoke in his normal deep voice, "Well.... elder kettle didn't exactly teach us-" Before Milo could finish I slapped my hand over their mouth, "Charles what the fuck-" Milo said, his voice muffled from my hand being over their mouth, "Shut the fuck up! I hear something.." Milo did indeed, shut the fuck up to try and hear what I was hearing, so did Devil and Dice.

Milo took my hand off his mouth, i didnt bother fighting "Is that...?" Milo said, "But he's dead!" I said "But.. it sounds like him...." Milo said, worry lacing his voice, "Wait... if he's dead, then who's replicating his voice??" I asked, "Well it doesn't sound exactly like him..." Dice said, still listening for the voice, "Could it be a relative whenever knew we had....?" I asked, "Possibly....?" Milo said while flipping through the pages of his book, "Well, let's go check it out." Devil said while getting up, "But what if it's dangerous!-" Milo said but getting cut off "I'm the fucking Devil, Milo" Devil said, Milo nodded and muttered "how the fuck did I forget that...".

Each of us got up and out of the cyclops skull, the voice got louder, "Oh just let us find out children! They've been missing for years! They're 18 now!" A female voice said, "There's 2 of them..?" Milo said, "Seems like it" Dice said, "Sweethart, we'll never find them... we haven't seen them since they where 4 years old...." the male voice spoke again. "Let's go over to them... maybe we can help?" Milo said, "Sure, I mean what else is there to do." I spoke. We walked toward the voices, they where near one of the many temples in the small area. We saw the female on her knees crying while the male comforts her.

Mugman/Milo Pov:
"Uhm.. excuse me?" I said walking toward the two people, Charles, Devil, and Dice following close behind. "Wh.. Hello?" The male voice spoke, he looked up at me, "Oh.. Hello young man" He said, he tapped his..wife's? Shoulder and motioned her to get up, "O-Oh, Hello! Sorry if we where being too loud i-" I cut her off on accident "No, no it's fine! We heard you talking about your missing children though, do you by chance have a picture of them? We might be able to help you find them" I said walking toward the man and woman, Charles following close behind, "Yes let me just get it.." the man searched in his bag, "Oh how rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Betty, Betty Coption"

"Hi Betty, I'm Milo Kettle and this is my twin brother Charles Kettle" Charles waved at them, "Oh, my husband's brother had the last name Kettle!" Betty said, "Really? What was his first name?" Charles asked, "Oh I think it was.. Ezra, But to our children his name was Elder Kettle, hehe" Betty said, "Oh what a coincidence... our parent figure was called elder kettle..." Charles said, "Oh really?" "I got the photo!" The male person said "Oh also I'm Charleston!" He said while giving me the photo to look at, "Pff- Like-Like the dance?" Charles said almost laughing, "Well, I'm trans so I chose my own name!" Charelston said "Me too" Betty said, "Ohh! Wait Mrs.Betty, aren't you a famous model?" Charles said recognizing her slowly, "Oh, yes! Yes indeed I am!"

"And your kids went missing when they where four!" Charles clarified, "Mhm" Betty hummed, "These kids look a awful lot like us... and you said they'd be eighteen by now?" I spoke while I was looking at the picture, "Indeed... How old are you?" Betty spoke "eighteen...." Charles said. "Well we could always do a DNA test at the hos-spital!" Charleston said softly holding Betty's hand, "Yes we could, if your okay with that" Betty said. She looked so happy that she mightve found her children. Dice leaned over next to my ear "are you sure we can trust these guys?" He whispered, I flinched slightly as I felt him breath against my neck..it was really unsettling... "Y-Yeah, maybe we're related to their kids somehow and this'll make it easier for them to find them!" I said.

"Alright, lets go to the inkwell city hospital." Devil said. Charleston and Betty jumped at realizing the Devil was there, "O-Oh, hello Luci" Charleston said, apparently Devil wasn't listening to the conversation so his eyes widened at the sight of Charleston and Betty, "Hello 'Ston, and Betty". Me, dice, and Charles looked at them confused, "Okay this isn't the time for that- uh let's go to the hospital" Betty said.

♤♡◇♧《At the inkwell hospital》♤♡◇♧

Charleston Pov:
We mightve actually found our kids! After so many years... "Charleston, Betty, Charles and Milo? DNA test?" The nurse opened the door that lead into the main area of the hospital as they spoke, "Yes, That's us" Milo said, "Right this way". We walked into the DNA testing room, "Alright let me get some of your hair and we'll start the tests" One of the DNA testers took exactly one strand of hair from each of us. "I'll be right back in...20-30 minutes with the results", the DNA tester walked out into another room, leaving us to sit in the little room we had been assigned, "So uh... Charles, what do you like to do?" Betty said, trying to start a conversation,

"Oh I like to learn about planets, sometimes draw, play board games" Charles responded, "Mhm, what about you Milo?" Betty asked the other twin, "Oh I like researching history stuff, leaning about stars, reading, board games, pokeno is really fun!" When Milo mentioned pokeno Charles nodded in agreement with Milo, "Oh I love Pokeno!" I said, "Ooh! Maybe we can play together sometime!" Charles said. "Hmm.." Milo said, flipping through the pages of his book, "Whats up mugs?" Charles said, "Well, I think it's just strange for these two people to be our parents- I mean if elder kettle knew them then wouldn't he tell us?" Milo said,

All 3 of us could tell Milo was frustrated and confused, "Well, Mugs yknow, elder kettle hid some stuff from us" Charles said leaning back in his chair, "Yeah, but if these two are our parents why don't we have any memory of them???" Milo said, still sort of frustrated, "Well, yknow the place could've done something with our memory of them.." Charles spoke. The "place" part confused me, the "place"? What "place"?....unless they're talking about.... that PLACE. Someone opened the door, "Hello I got the test results", all of us turned our attention toward the DNA tester. "Well what do the results say?"

Betty spoke, excitement and worry lacing her voice.. "Well, they are your kids!" All of us exchanged shocked looks.

Betty Pov:
I can't believe it.. they're my kids?! "Really?!" Charelston said with shock, "Yes really, I'll give you all a moment to pr-rocess things" the DNA tester left...

《AND END SCENE!! now I'll be doing the ✨️requested ships✨️ for the next chapter, I hope you enjoyed! Bye!! <3》