𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻.

twilight chapter seven

twilight
chapter seven.

ESME LOOKED AT HER DAUGHTER, with nothing but love, patience and encouragement. She had been waiting for this day for a very long time just like any good (vampire) mother would. The day her daughter would work up the nerve to talk to her mate and would put herself first.

Esme and Carlisle both knew about Thomas Newton. They were the ones who tried to convince her to talk to him when they first moved here. Although they had no luck, they still wished and hoped one day she would. And now two years later, it was finally happening and both parents were ecstatic.

"Mom do I look okay?" Sofia asked nervously looking at Esme though the mirror. "Or is it too much..maybe I shouldn't wear a dress-"

Esme smiled softly, "You look perfect, sweetheart." With a proud look on her face. Esme could tell Sofia was very nervous but she saw something eles in her daughters face the moment she arrived from school. She saw something she hadn't seen in a long time from Sofia Hale. Hope.

When Sofia was first changed, she hoped to find her mate. She was already a hopeless romantic as a human and seeing the love Esme and Carlisle had for each other made her want one of her own very badly. But as years went by, the hope her in eyes slowly faded.

So Esme jumped at the opportunity to help Sofia get ready for her meeting with Thomas.

"Mom, I'm scared." The young vampire whispers so very softly that only a vampires hearing could pick it up.

Esme stood up from the bed and walked over to Sofia putting her arms around her in a motherly way. Sofia hugged back tightly, not waiting to let go.

Esme kissed Sofia's forehead and smiled looking down at her daughter. "You have nothing to be scared of, I promise." She started noticing the worried look on Sofia's face, knowing that if she was human she would be crying her eyes out at this very moment. "Tell me what has you so worried, sweetie."

Sofia sigh looking upside her balcony window not wanting to meet her mothers eyes. "When we first got here, I remember being really excited to start school again because we got to start all over again. Emmett and Rose would be there and I had Jasper, Alice and Edward. But never did I think I would find my mate in forks." She stopped thinking her words over, "N-not that there's anything wrong with Forks but I've walked through hallways year after year before and I just can't believe I found my mate when I wasn't looking. Does that make sense?"

Esme nodded understanding perfectly. Every Century. Every new school year, Sofia would hope that she would find her soulmate. And she found him when she was least expecting it. At a time where she gave up looking for him.

"And that that I found him, I don't think I'm ready. He's human and I-I'm.." she stuttered not finding the right word. Vampire. Killer. Monster. "..Not. What if I hurt him? What if when he finds out what I am, he'll hate me?" What if he'll think I'm disgusting and awful. "I'm scared of so many possibilities and I don't think I'm ready for any of them."