Prologue

Book 3 in the Alpha series

---

SHORT BOOKS // Gang AU

She bumped into him and that started a revolutionary change in his life. He fell in love at first sight where as his dad had other plans with his family. Watch how a 19 year old slowly comes to become the leader of Alpha.

The Alphas are the biggest, scariest and the strongest gang in the city. They thrive on the streets and have illegal deals without getting caught by the police.

How does he find her and have the will to talk to her despite being away for 13 years from her.

---

Trigger Warnings:

Smut? I don't think so.
Blood, Suicide and rape mentioned
Detailed crime scenes as well
Sexual terms and jokes included

If not comfortable with any of the mentioned above ^ then please don't read, i will place warnings but if i forget i am sorry.

---

TAEYONG POV

A sting ran through the back. Another one followed as dad whipped my back with a belt.

Dad: Endure it boy.

He hit me again causing me to flinch slightly as sweat dripped from my chest—another hit.

I flinched again. I looked right ahead of me. The 8-year-old Jeno. Taehwa... my elder sister, was covering his eyes. She looked at me with shaking eyes. But it was replaced with a wince when I felt another hit but this was so hard that I fell forward on all fours from my kneeling position.

Dad: Tsk... weakling.

He muttered and threw the belt next to me before leaving. The door closed with a bang and the other two rushed to me as I lost my balance. Taehwa caught me and immediately pulled me into a hug. I felt Jeno rub some ointment onto my bare back as tears escaped my eyes.

Taehwa: Calm down. It will be okay...

Taeyong: Noona... it hurts...

Taehwa: I know Tae... hold it for some more time.

Jeno: Hyung... please hold for another minute.

My body shook as Jeno continued putting on the medicine that was supposed to help the scars and blood. It stung but not a single noise left my mouth.

Taehwa: Dad is going too far with this.

Jeno: But there is nothing we can do about it. 

The youngest was right as we looked at each other, knowing there was no way out of this terrible lifestyle. Once in maybe 2-3 days, dad would drag us down to the basement training all of us. Not even leaving little Jeno alone. He was 10 years younger to me and 12 years younger to noona. Mom and dad would always tell him he was a mistake and so he had to pay back by training at such a young age. At least dad didn't hit him the way dad hit me.

He would make me take off my shirt and belt me till he was satisfied. Then call me weakling and leave the house for another 2 days.

In that time me and noona tried to care for Jeno as much as we could. Mom died 4 years back, so basically me and noona raised him.

Jeno: Hyung... let's go eat something first and then you should get some sleep.

Taehwa: He is right. Come on. I will help you up.

They took me upstairs and Taehwa set the dinner table for the three of us.

Taehwa: So Tae... how is school?

Taeyong: Its fine. Just 6 more months and I am done with schooling.

Taehwa: Then dad will probably take you in permanently.

I just nodded. Dad was the under boss of his gang that was as ruthless as him to literally everyone.

Taehwa served hot soup for me and as I took slow sips i saw Jeno working on something from the corner of my eye.

Taeyong: What are you doing?

He looked up and then back at his cloth.

Jeno: I am trying to get the stitch. But I am not able to do it...

He pouted. I sighed. He was 8 for the love of god. But I still eat forward and took the cloth from him.

Taeyong: Look here. Now insert the needle this way and knot it before you...

---

I sighed as I closed my locker.

???: Hey Tae hyung...

I turned and saw the male giving me a small smile. I returned it and leaned on my locker as he set his.

Taeyong: How was your day Jaehyun.

Jaehyun: It was okay. Not that much of an entertaining day but I could live with it. Noona is going to our parent's home today so i will be alone at home.

Taeyong: Mind if i join?

Jaehyun: Your dad?

Taeyong: It was yesterday. Today he will be away so... its chill.

Jaehyun: Cool. You can come over then.

He continued fiddling with his locker with a confused expression.

Taeyong: What's wrong?

Jaehyun: I left my research papers in class.

He closed the locker and faced me.

Jaehyun: Do you mind waiting here while I go get them. We can go home together.

I nodded and shouldered my bag as I watched him run down the now empty hall. I knew it would take a while as Jaehyun's class was all the way in the other end of the school. So I paced in the hall. From one side lined with lockers to the other end.

A minute or two had passed when I heard a pair of feet running in the halls. I didn't really bother looking up from a cut in my fore arm. I ran my finger through the dried blood.

The next second someone bumped right into me. My butt landed on the ground but a shiver of pain ran through all the wounds on my back.

I groaned as I sat up and looked at the one who had fallen right in front of me.

???: I am so sorry.

She stood up and dusted her skirt before looking down at me.

???: Omg you are Lee Taeyong!

Taeyong: You know me?

She chuckled nervously.

???:Well, you are pretty famous in school... My name is Kwon Hayeon.

I nodded but groaned again. She panicked slightly as she shifted in between her feet.

Hayeon: Did I hurt you??? What am I asking of course I did. Let me help you up.

She offered her hand and I stared at it in hesitance. But after a second of contemplating i took it and she pulled me. Instead of me gaining my footing she lost her's, dropping me again and landing on top of me.

I was in a sitting position. She was hovering over my thighs with her legs on both sides of mine.

I looked at her as her grip on my shoulders tightened. She had her eyes closed shut and I concluded she was trying to stop herself from falling on me.

I chuckled and she opened her eyes. Those black orbs meeting mine slowly as if time slowed down as a whole.

-----

Dayummm