Chapter 2

Fearing for my dear life that I may fall even harder for the man before me I welcomed myself to the house.

Izzy was still in my hand when I purposefully ignored Adam's laugh and moved deep into the house. The house is not the cute little one as one may see from outside but a moderately big house with huge ceilings and a gothic feel to it.

"Eleore, can I ask you something?" Adam asked as I made myself at home and roamed the house.

I turned around giving him a sweet smile I said, "Yup".

Adam's face was somewhat unreadable as he asked, "Do you remember a couple of months ago when you handled the case of a boy in Caforn?"

I absent- mindedly ran my hands through Izzys's fur and placed her on the floor. "Yes I do. if I remember correctly, his name was Bennett."

Adam hesitated a bit before asking, "Can I have a look at his file?"

The sudden surprise was evident in my voice as I said, "What!"

"I just-

Suddenly my phone started ringing and Adam was cut short.

Kelly was calling and I cleared my throat before saying, "hello".

Kelly had an urgent tone in her voice as she said, "hey dear, I'm really sorry to call you like this and cut short your date, but something urgent came up." I could hear lot of people yelling in the background.

"Tell me what happened!" My heart raced hearing her trying to mask her worry.

Heaving a sigh through the phone Kelly answered, "I forgot my id at home, and need it to get to the special chamber".

"No one else has the access?"

"As the head Doctor of the project, only I'm allowed the access. We are going to take Mikaela into an urgent surgery. She is critical and I need to take out our new equipment".

Trying hard not to show the worry in my voice, I said,"I will be there in ten minutes"

"Thanks honey. Forgive me."

Ignoring her apology I said, "I really hope Mikaela is fine."

Giving me a worried sigh Kelly hung up saying,"Please hurry hun."

Adam was gazing at that summer painting of Sean and him when I came up to him.

I called him, "Adam!"

Adam did not heard my voice so I put my hands on his shoulders and he turned around and I started to explain.

"Adam, some emergency at the hospital came up. I immediately need to go up to Kelly and give her something.

The confusion was evident in Adam's face and I suspected if he heard me ot not.

"Hey what happened. I'm leaving. Will meet you tomorrow."

Adam blinked and hurried said after me, "hey I will give you a drive."

But I was already running through the front door.

"No worries Adam. I will manage. I will come to meet you at the shop."

The faint evening was providing me enough light to home.

The street lights were slowing coming up as I ran. In no time I collected Kelly's ID and was on my way to the hospital.

Kelly had been working on treating cancer and been the head of different new equipments to work for. Lately she mentioned that they had a remarkable breakthrough and they are going to do wonders.