High confessions

TW: contains mentions of drugs,depression.

Hazel and Tessa were sitting on the bench at their favorite place near the river and were waiting for their best friend Veronica. Casually Veronica was late. 

Just as they were about to call her Hazel got a message.

My mom wants me to clean my room before I’m gonna be able to come.. so sorry. Do one without me. Promise I’ll be there in an hour latest.  -V

"Great. She’s gonna be here in an hour.” Hazel sighs. “But we can do one without her.”

"Good. I wouldn't have wanted to wait another hour honestly.”

“Same.”

The girls weren’t only there to meet up. Tessa’s friend Greg smoked weed on a regular basis and Tessa managed to get 1,5g from him, which they built into 3 joints.

Tessa took one from her bag and turned to Hazel. “Do you have a lighter?” she asks just as hazel fishes a lighter out of her bag with a triumphant smile. “Thanks.”

Tessa lit the joint and both girls laid back passing the joint back and forth occasionally. 

“That was some good shit.” Hazel exhaled. “Agreed.”

“But…” Hazel sat up as she started, “since V isn’t here yet I wanted to take the opportunity to talk to you… “ “About what?” Tessa also sat up.

“Well… I know we’ve only become friends a short while ago again but i really need to tell you that, i can’t keep it in anymore.. also i feel like you already know.” Hazel sighed as she looked on the bench and started to play around with the lighter.

“I keep thinking back to the time when we were “friends” before.. and how much I wanna go back to that. I know everything was so complicated because our friends would never accept that and because we were both going through stuff and the fights and everything… but i still like you Tess.. a lot. And I’m okay with  it if you don’t like me like that anymore but I couldn’t keep it in anymore because if there's even a small chance that you still like me i had to take it.. And if you don’t just forget I said anything because I actually agreed to rather be friends with you again and ignore those feelings than to lose you again because of them.” Hazel rambled.

Hazel and Tessa have  been more than friends before. They didn't really know what they were because they never declared whether they were dating or not but they both had feelings for each other and did act on them. But Hazel and Tessa had the same best friend, Alice, at the time who was really manipulative and used Tessa's loyalty to her to get rid of Hazel.They broke apart when Hazel had a bad fight with their best friend and Tessa blind of the manipulation from Alice thought Alice was in the right and stopped talking to Hazel too. Hazel was devastated and fell into deep depression. But after a few months Tessa realized that she made a mistake and texted Hazel, apologizing for everything. Hazel, some might call her naive, forgave her instantly and they became friends again. Even Veronica who used to hate Tessa for what she did to Hazel forgave her when she saw that it wasn't Tessas fault that she believed in Alice's stories. So they all became friends and met up regularly. with and without drugs. 

But Alice wasn't the only reason for the rocky relationship  between Tessa and Hazel. Tessa wasnt out to her friends and her friends were quite homophobic so the two of them couldnt openly be together but had to keep everything a secret. They didn't manage to meet a lot. 

Plus both of them struggled with bad depression and that made it harder. Of course they were always there for each other but when they both felt like shit it was hard. Then they both would put their problems in the back to be there for the other one.

The two of them were the definition of right person,wrong time. But maybe now was the right time and they were given another chance.

“Hazel..” Tessa started and Hazel immediately felt tears rush into her eyes and looked down. “Of course I still like you. I never stopped. The time without you was hell, I kept wanting to text you and apologize saying I was a horrible person for leaving you but I was so scared to lose Alice too and not get you back so I didn’t. But I shouldve.. way earlier than I did. I missed you so much. You were everything to me, you still are. But I didn't want to hurt you again so I haven't said anything.”

Hazel looked at Tessa who was already looking at her. The two of them locked eyes. Neither wanting to look away. Hazel could stare at Tessa's emerald eyes the whole day, she feels so safe around the girl in front of her. She's her safe space,her happy place, her home. She'd do anything for her. And so would Tessa. 

Tessa's eyes flickered to Hazel's lips. How long had she dreamed of kissing them and maybe now she finally could. She looked at Hazel's eyes again and saw that Hazel was looking at her lips too. 

She put her hand on Hazel's face and leaned in. When their lips met it felt like fireworks exploded. The kiss wasn't like any of the kisses any of them had before that.. this was special. This was real. They had to let go when air became an issue. 

“You little bastards. I knew it!! AHHH!!! I’m so happy for you!!” Veronica yelled running towards the girls

The couple could only smile. Veronica jumped on top of the two, nearly crushing them with the hug she gave them. “yay yay yay!!! I love you guys. Tazel is finally real again!!” Hazel laughed “You’re so stupid do you know that V.” “No. I'm just happy for my two besties. And at least now you can't complain how much you like Tess and how you want nothing more than to be with her.” Veronica smiled a mischievous smile and Hazel knew what she was about to say. “ Veronica Stone dont you fucking dare.” Veronica just ignored her and added. “and about how hot Tess looked in her bikini.” Hazel's face turned tomato red and she turned and slapped Veronica on the arm

 “You said that?” Tess smiled. “Maybe..”  “Oh she totally did.” Another slap on the arm. 

“She’s a total simp for you Tess.” “Okay but how could I not be? She's perfect.” 

Tess smiled even wider and gave Hazel a kiss on the cheek.

 “Now please tell me you brought something to drink. My mouth is drier than a freaking desert.”