Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was mid July, meaning that it was rather hot out. My eyes glanced over towards the burning sun as I walked down the street which caused me to squint, as well as the back of my eyes stinging a little due to the heat. It was a silly thing to do, looking at the sun, but I always did it, mostly for hope. Hope that I would get my older brother, Lucas, back after eleven years. Now, that might seem ridiculous but my reasoning for my determination was because he always called me his little ray of sunshine so whenever I look at the sun it reminds me of him and those sacred times that we had once spent together. If it still sounds ridiculous to you then I'd like to warn you that there is a lot more things about me that are much more ridiculous in comparison to that because seriously that's just the start of things.

 If it still sounds ridiculous to you then I'd like to warn you that there is a lot more things about me that are much more ridiculous in comparison to that because seriously that's just the start of things

I took a left up the path to my home, coming face to face with the crinkled 'MISSING' poster of my brother. He had been missing since 2003 and it was 2022 now so obviously it had worn over time, though until the year of 2020 my parents continued putting up the posters but after that they lost hope, but I never did. You see, I have always been determined to find my brother. However, I didn't really remember much of him since I was only young at the time of his disappearance. Sometimes, when I got into fights with my mother, she called my determination to find my brother useless. Whenever I questioned her why, she would scoff and say "Aria, you barely even knew the boy. There's no point in trying to look for him. He's been gone for seventeen years, he's probably dead." She always said. Her tone always being cold and selfish. After that, I would always end up sobbing and running off to my room, wanting to know the truth. Was Lucas really a waste of my time?

 Was Lucas really a waste of my time?