Chapter 5

Now holding on to Jack's hand for dear life, I began to lose all hope of coming out of this situation alive. This was because I was positive that I would either die from the fall I would have if Jack let go of my hand or from the beating my mother would give me if she caught me and Jack red handed.

If I was a bad and impatient friend then I probably would have yelled something up to my friend like "Oh come on Jack! Just pull me up already!" But I wasn't a bad or impatient friend, I was a good, kind and considerate one, I just hoped that Jack saw me in that way too.

As I hung on to Jack's hand for dear life, I couldn't help but look down at the concrete floor where I could possibly plummet to my death. I looked up at Jack, the feeling of sickness rising within my stomach.

He did try to help, bless his soul, he tried many things actually, the main thing being wrapping part of the curtain around my wrist in replacement of a rope but of course that didn't work and just broke my curtains...which I knew mum wouldn't be happy about.

I inhaled sharply before speaking. "You'll have to let me go." I spoke hesitantly.

"What?!" Jack asked in disbelief. He must have thought that I was out of my mind and honestly, I didn't blame him because so did I. "Alright, Aria. Whatever you say." His blue eyes met with mine. He didn't want to let me go. It was as clear as day in his eyes that he really did care for me but after a short count down, it happened. He dropped me.

I fell through the trees at speed and just about managed to grab on to a branch. I climbed on to the branch and sat on to it. Jack threw the other side of the fallen curtain over to me. The plan was that he'd use the curtain to swing over to me in quite a Tarzan-styled away, and that was just what he did.

Once he had climbed on to the rather strong branch of the large tree, we both hid because my mum had entered my room. "Aria?!" She yelled. Don't worry. We had it all planned. Two dolls were in replacement of both me and Jack. One was in a sleeping bag like Jack should have been and one was in my bed so to my mum it looked like we were sleeping. My mum sighed before leaving the room.

I laughed as quietly as I could. "Wow! I really can't believe she fell for that." I said before high-fiving Jack. Our plan was a success, or at least it was so far anyways...