Chapter 3

I closed the door to my room and sighed softly, standing there with my hand on the door knob for a moment. I still felt bad. For everything. My mum didn't agree with me trying to find my brother and I faked a liking for her food when in reality it was the worst thing that I had ever tasted but was I really as bad as I was making myself out to be? "Perhaps..." I told myself. "..maybe not." I shook my head and tried to ignore my negative thoughts, knowing that my actions wouldn't affect my mother in the slightest so really there was no need for me to give them a second thought.

I backed away and removed my hand from the door knob before making my way over to the small desk in the corner of my room. I sat down in the wooden chair and pushed myself closer to the desk before looking over the plans that I had already drafted out on paper. I tilted my head slightly as I read over my words in my head. '11PM- Sneak out of the house with supplies like food, water and a torch.' I read. I then grabbed my pencil and scribbled out certain parts of my draft before starting to write it up neatly.

As I was doing so I heard the eery creak of my window opening, which caused to me gasp out loud. I turned to face the window and to my surprise I was greeted by a familiar smile. "Oh, Jack. I wasn't expecting  to see you tonight." I said, giving him a reasonably confused look.

Jack gave me a chuckle as he climbed through the window and combed his pale fingers through his dark hair. His light eyes met with my dark ones before he chuckled again and looked away. I could tell he liked me, he had done for quite awhile. "Yeah...I know." He said before his eyes fell upon my papers. "Have you been working on your plan?" He asked in a low voice in attempt of changing the subject.

I sighed and nodded my head. "Yeah. Actually, I was wondering if you could help me with it." I said, giving him a look that was both hopeful and nervous. I didn't really know how he would react to my words. Would he say yes? No? Was he even sure?

Well, to my own surprise, he nodded his head and smiled. "Yeah of course. I can see how many papers there are and kind of expected it to not be a one person job." He laughed, and I did too.

"Excellent." I began, a wide smile approaching my face. "How about you sleepover tonight? That way we can check over the plan and do it all tonight since it isn't 11 PM yet." I said, to which Jack agreed.