Chapter 56: Over Breakfast

The next morning, Zac was up with the sunrise to make Y/N breakfast in bed, so he was surprised to discover she wasn't next to him. He checked the bathroom, the balcony, the pool, and came up empty. Just as he was starting to get worried, he heard sounds of plates being set out coming from the kitchen.

"I looked everywhere for you," he sighed, taking in the sight of her in a sexy, lace slip and sheer robe, while she navigated the kitchen.

"It's a big house," she laughed. "You didn't think I ran away or something, did you?"

Zac contemplated if maybe he was still afraid of her leaving him, before changing the subject, "What are you up to in here?"

"I thought I would make you breakfast," she leaned across the counter and kissed him softly. "When we're back in LA, I'm so busy all the time, I never have time to do this for you."

"I thought I was going to make you breakfast...in bed," he moved in behind her, pressing sensual kisses along the side of her neck, before gently nibbling on her ear lobe.

"I beat you to it," she filled a cup of coffee for him and he kissed the tip of her nose.

They sat and enjoyed breakfast on the balcony, overlooking the pristine, tranquil waters.

"So," she set her coffee cup on a saucer and leaned back in her chair.

"Uh-oh," he took a sip of juice. "Should I go put some vodka in this?"

She cocked her head to the side, "I've just been thinking...about what you said about how you've been torn between wanting to live a more low-profile, quiet life."

Zac leaned back in his chair, folding his arms behind his head as he concentrated on what she was saying.

"I've been looking at opening up another store in California. We've considered a few different locations, but...I think we've settled on Laguna Beach."

"Orange County, hey?"

"There's so much more privacy there...real estate is more reasonable..."

"It's a better place to raise a family," Zac shocked her.

"...And, it's only an hour and a half from LA. So, if you do need to be there for projects, it's not that far."

"The best school district in the state is Orange County, everyone knows that...," he stroked his chin.

"We could both have more privacy, more space, the beach is right there, and you know..."

"We could have an entire yard, for kids to run around..."

"I just think it could be a good compromise for us. You could have the privacy you wanted, but I could still be close to work."

"If we do this..." Zac refilled her coffee, "What would your work schedule be like? I mean...you've been doing so much better with working reasonable hours. But...I just want to make sure, if we both uproot our lives and move, that...it's what we both want."

"Life's too short. I understand now, why you wanted to slow down. I mean...it might have taken a little cancer scare for me to realize it, but...I do Zac, I really get it."

"So, when we get back...maybe we just...go take a look at some houses?" his lips curled into a smile.

"Ok then," she confirmed with a smile.

"I'm going to go hop in the shower," Zac folded his newspaper and kissed the top of her head.