The Choice

I woke up right next to a giant hole in the football field. I didn't know how I got from the bleachers to here. I looked down the hole and when I put my hand over the hole, frost started spreading across the tips of my fingers, so I quickly pulled them away.
"Rosie!" I called, "David, where are you guys!" But my question was answered when I saw Rosie's maroon hat caught on a jagged rock sticking out from the side of the pit.
"Oh no." I muttered under my breath. They couldn't be dead they just couldn't, they were the only ones who were ever nice to me.
I stood up and looked around, everyone was gone and I was the only one here. What was happening? My clothes were fine and my old, beat up phone was in my pocket but it wouldn't turn on. I was so disoriented I did the only sensible thing, I jumped into the pit.
The sensation of falling through the never ending darkness was horrible.The second I was swallowed by the darkness, the coldness hit me hard. I could tell that my whole body had become numb. After falling for a few minutes the wall stated to glow an aqua color. It was giving off an aura that made me feel invincible. Then, a sudden blast of hot air pushed me to the wall and another blast pushed me back , and then my vision became fuzzy and then I plunged into a pool of magenta liquid. I tried to kick my feet but they wouldn't move. I looked down at my feet and realized that me legs were dissolving into the water. I tried to scream for help but it wouldn't come out, my whole body was dissolving! Then a pair of copper claws splashed into the water and picked me up like a ragdoll. The claw dropped me on a table and then a girl, no older than me appeared into my eyesight. She had long hair the color of the liquid I had fallen into, pulled back into a tight ponytail. Her skin was very pale and looked as if it was glowing. She wore a white silk dress that fell to the floor.
"Umm," was all I could manage.
"Do not fear Kyle, you are not dead and neither are your companions." The girl said pointing at a line of tanks lined up against the steel
wall. In the first tank was David, his blonde hair stained looking black and his clothes ripped up and singed. Rosie on the other hand looked great, she looked the same as she did up at the football field.
"Why are my friends frozen inside those tank things!" I yelled at her which was hard because she looked so innocent and weak.
"They're fine," said as she walked over to a table "I saved them when they fell down here using my...well that doesn't matter." I didn't like the way she faltered when she was talking. She began crushing blue and purple crystals that she put in a vial and the crushed remains immediately turned to liquid. She walked back over me and without asking my permission she poured the liquid into my mouth.
I started to feel warm and happy and then it got white hot in my throat and was choking on it, trying to get it out of my mouth. When the pain stopped, I felt new and refreshed.The girl leaned over and whispered in my ear,
"You need to get settled, you'll be here for awhile."