The Break

As I charged down the hall next to Reagan, I tried to think of what could be happening. I darted past Rosie's room and she followed us with a questioned look on her face.
Once we got to the main room I had first arrived in I knew something was wrong. I felt a blast of heat and my vision started to double. I shook my head and my sight became clear again.
I saw a big gap on the metal floor and the metal was so hot it was dripping. Near the gap was David. I stared at him, feeling helpless when I heard a loud creaking noise. I saw a beam about to fall from the ceiling above David. I sprinted over to him and dove over him. I yanked his hand and we went barreling into the gap. Before we fell down too far I grabbed onto a piece of metal and we dangled from the room. I looked down and saw we were above a first of pine trees but it was hard to see because it was night.
I started to feel a flaring pain in my hand. I looked at the beam and noticed at had a tinge of pink on the metal which I knew meant it was hot. I saw Rosie's head appear over the edge and she grabbed my hand and pulled me up. Surprisingly, she pulled us up. Reagan ran over to us and picked up David and flashed over to the controls and pressed a sky blue button. Immediately the whole building slowly rose and shot into the sky.