Rosa

I check our timetable. Every class has its own timetable. My first class is Math. My favourite class. The satisfaction I get after finishing off the sum with "Hence Proved" is just pure bliss. That's why I love math.
But I hate limits.

I go over to my place and see a sticky note on my place: Save me please. I check the other side of the bench and see that a schoolbag is there. I sigh. My benchmate is Carlos. He just has so many "priorities" (as he says them) so I've to rescue him everytime he's late to class. I hate him. But he's the only person to whom I talk in class. I sit and take my books and the door opens.

"Good morning Mrs. Kingsley", we all say in unison.

"Good morning. Please sit down".
We all take our seats and I smile at her. She smiles back at me. She's in the mid of her 50s and has a very good heart and the best teacher I've ever had and elle est belle. I sometimes think I admire her too much. I'm a people admirer.

"Turn to page 264. We're starting with the basics of algebra today", after saying it she looks at me. I love algebra and she knows it. While we were doing the sums, I hear a skidding sound and look at the door.

"MAY I COME IN MRS. KINGSLEY?"

"Mr. Sherry", everyone laughs. Mrs Kingsley pauses and looks at him "Hope your "priorities" are finished today. What is it this time?", she asks him calmly.

"Mam, I request you to call me Carlos"
Everyone laughs again. bruh. Mrs Kingsley sighs.

"Mr. Sherry, why're you late today?" Before he could answer, I stand up.

"Mrs. Kingsley, his car broke down. He messaged me about it and that's why he's late" I say and glare at him and sit back down.

"If that's the case, come in Mr. Sherry" Mrs. Kingsley says and looks at me. I shrug. Carlos comes in and sits near me.

"Your hair's ruffled so bad" I whisper to him.

"Well, it was fun" he looks at me "You should do it sometime, Rosa" he says with a smirk and I feel like puking.

"I'm not gonna make out with any random guy" I say "You're never gonna stop using my middle name, are you?" I ask, sighing.

"Oh come on, Rosa sounds good", he said.

"It sounds as if I'm a granny with books and knitting sitting in an armchair" I said.

"You just named your top 2 favourite hobbies"

"Okay whatever. Who were you making out with this time? Blair or Carina?"

"I stopped with those freaks a long time back. One bit my goddamn tongue with her fucking teeth" he says with pain and a disgusted face.
I flinch.

"What about Carina?"
He puts on a frown to which I'm taken aback.

"One day, I saw her smooching off a guy in the afternoon while I just made out with her that fucking morning!" He looked at me with a frown and give-me-your-pity face.

"Aww that must have been painful for a whore like you" I say.
.
"Shut up Rosa, I'm not a whore"
I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Shit I'm so sorry"
I hate it when he tells me shut up. When anyone tells me to shut up or shut me up. The first time he told me to shut up, I didn't speak to him for a week.

"Alright you are not a whore. I guess you're just....enjoying the pleasures in life" and I giggle- smile a little. He smiles back at me and we go back to focusing on algebra.

                ****************************************

HAPPILY THE THIRD CHAPTER!!

Thanks to 2005Jenni for the name of our favourite math teacher Mrs. Kingsley!!

Do you guys like how the story's going?
Do you like Carlos?

Comment down your opinions. They matter. So much. Gracias!❤️❤️

Until then,
Latchi.