The Baby Project

Disgusting glances were shared amounts the class. The coach snickering to herself. They just showed the birth video the one kids hated. Then she had the nerve to announce the baby project!

"now kids I know you are all a little scared, but it's Owen and Misty that really should be scared"she said pointing to me and Owen.

I raised my hand. "Why exactly?" I asked. She gave me a scary smile. "Because when all the other kids are playing with fake dolls, you and Owen, well, we talked to your parents, you are the all A student's in this class, you are going to get together and make a real baby" the coach said. I looked at Owen, we had been dating for eight years. we were in our last year of high school, but, sex! I don't think these people are right minded!

"Class dismissed! Owen and Misty stay back" she said.

Owen grabbed my hand knowing my logic was going to smack the coach in the face. "Misty, you will be given as much as two days to talk this over with Owen, then I'm afraid you'll have to be spending class the way most kids would dream about. We have set aside a room for you two to, you know, make the baby, but Misty it will be well worth it once you have actually seen the baby." she said.

We nodded though she had hardly said anything to poor Owen.

When Owen drove me home, he let me cry. Because we both know that we had no choice! This school is messed up.

At dinner,I confronted my mother. "I think it will be a great experience for you Misty! It's not every day you are chosen to be seventeen and pregnant" was all my mom had to offer.

I don't know how we will pull it off!!!