Chapter 1

Life had been a struggle at times but I always kept my head up, especially moving to a new town in Utah. It was far from family, not that I spoke to them much which was convenient for my lifestyle of leaving when things got too much. I decided to leave to find a new job, new life, new everything. And so I saved up enough for a small townhouse. Call it commitment issues but having a mother who had a new boyfriend every few months raising you wasn't exactly a convenient way to grow up. Better yet I had been looking at jobs due to my last job being a photocopier at a local law firm. It was trash, long boring days of just endless paper and a machine that broke down frequently. So deciding to quit I looked through a paper to see that a place called FredBears Family Diner was hiring, it was two towns over but hey working with kids would probably be exciting right? More exciting than photocopying I thought to myself as I called the number for the diner.

Finally arriving at my new house that was on the outskirts of town.The house was a small simple two bedroom town house, it wasn't up to date but it wasn't falling apart, luckily with the money I had saved for a while paid off to afford a nice comfortable home.

"Home sweet home." I breathed to myself as I walked in, all my stuff was delivered two days prior to my arrival, even setting up my kitchen and lounge room. My bedroom had the queen sized bed assembled but everything else was still in boxes, it was 6pm and I didn't have the energy to unpack things as of yet and I was starving.

Walking into the kitchen I rummaged through a box of food, but suddenly my mind didn't want this, instead I wanted to get take out. I was already dressed enough with a simple black shirt and black jogger pants with my black combat boots, this was something I wore often, most older people would comment on how much black I'd be wearing but I just smiled at them. Leaving my new house I got into my car and began driving around to find a worthy take out place for my stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slept comfortably throughout the night, no thoughts on anything particular and already feeling well adjusted to the feel of my new home. My phone had been buzzing on my nightstand as I sleepily reached over to answer it.

"Hello, is this (y/n)? The familiar voice asked, I quickly pulled the phone away to see that the name Henry Emily was on my screen.

"Yes." I respond trying not to yawn.

"I was wondering if you were free to come in for an orientation on your new job here at FredBears Family Diner?" He asked politely.

"Absolutely Mr Emily. What time did you need me to come in?" I asked, getting out of bed and wandering into my kitchen to make coffee.

"In 30 minutes if you're okay with that? I know it's early but we like to start early because our days are filled." Henry replied. I looked at the time on my phone, it was 7pm. I had plenty of time to get there since it's a small town.

"Sure, I'll be there in 30 minutes. See you then Mr Emily." I chirped as the phone call ended. I was excited for my new job. I had read up on FredBears and heard they had amazing technology with animatronics, it may have been a kids fun place but it had some genius minds behind it. I took a big gulp of coffee, nearly burning my throat, but it was worth it for the day ahead.

After finishing my coffee I headed into my room to find my satchel to bring with me, I had already put my documents in it if I needed to show Mr Emily for the paperwork, wearing the same clothes from yesterday I strode out to my car and got in, turned on the gas and made for the north side of town where the diner was.

The streets in Hurricane seemed pleasant, kids riding their bikes and playing games. People out walking with friends or meeting up at a cafe, a decently paced town, something I think I've needed for a long time.Finally pulling up at FredBears Diner, the sign was big and a little faded but still colourful enough that a child might enjoy it, the sun was peeking over the rooftops hitting my eyes as I made my way to the door nearly half blinded.