Chapter 2

I didn't dream often but I could hear something in the darkness, the sound of something scratching, maybe scribbling. I couldn't tell but it was soft and rhythmic, like someone was writing. I fluttered my eyes open to see I wasn't in my bed, or even at home. I was in an office space with someone familiar behind a desk.

"Shit!" I shot up from the sofa to see a surprised Henry who looked over at me.

"Are you okay (y/n)?" He asked, looking worried.

"I'm fine, I just realised I was here, I'm so sorry Henry. Was I out long?" I asked, getting up steadily and trying to compose myself.

"You're fine, William told me you needed some rest so it's okay. And it's been 4 hours so nothing to worry about." He smiled. Great I was supposed to be here to get a job but instead I'm napping in my bosses office because of a bump.

"I promise this is just a one time thing. I'm ready to start the orientation if you are." Standing before his desk, I noticed a picture of Henry and William when they were younger, they didn't look so different but rather more mature looking now.

"Of course, there will be children running around at this time but we will get through it quickly." He stood up and walked towards the door holding it open for me.

He didn't lie about the children being around, there were at least 50 in the main diner area. The animatronics were working this time and singing songs, kids were surrounding the stage and cheering whilst some were off playing games. Most of their parents and caretakers were sitting at the tables watching their kids enjoy and talking with each other. It was an energetic atmosphere and something I would have to get used to, I haven't worked with children before but I could tell I needed to be quick on my feet.

Henry took me around to all the main areas that I would be assisting with, if I wasn't working as an attendant I'd be helping with maintenance and cleaning. Most of the cleaning would be done towards the end of the day so my main focus would be to make sure none of the children were hurt or caught messing with the animatronics. The last area we went to was a back area from the stage where parts of the animatronics that had broken or fallen off were put in storage, or just a big room with various decorations from the seasonal shows and random robotic parts in boxes.

"This won't really be where you will go but it's useful to know if you see anything that can be put in here. William usually hangs around here if he isn't busy with his other tasks." Henry commented as we left the room.

"It smells like it could use a clean up sometime." I joked while walking with Henry back towards his office, there was an old musty smell that lingered even outside of the room but it could easily be gone if anyone just cleaned it now and again.

"Yeah it has been a while, perhaps you or one of the others could do it when William isn't tinkering with the parts? God knows how long it's been since we've had that area cleaned." Henry laughed.

"Just say when and I'll help out." We stepped into his office and William was already there with a uniform in his hands. His timing was impeccable to say the least.

"Oh good thanks for getting that Will." Henry spoke as William gave him the uniform then handed it towards me.

"This is your uniform that you'll be wearing (y/n), if it doesn't fit you can give me a call and I can get a different size for you." Henry gave a smile, I smiled back at him and William, the uniform looked similar to William's outfit, at least I didn't need to try it on sooner to see how it would look.

"Welcome to FredBears Diner (y/n). You're officially one of us now." William said warmly.

"Thank you both! I can't wait to start." I was thrilled, a job that had me doing actual work instead of photocopying and being in a constantly loud and happy atmosphere, this was definitely better than what I could ask for. Heck I might even be able to learn more about animatronics since I'll be helping maintain them. Robotics isn't something I know of but it would be great on my resume.

"You'll be starting tomorrow at 6am, William is here early so he'll let you in and we'll have a copy of a key for you by then as well." Henry spoke as he walked around to his desk to sit down. "Till then, go and enjoy the rest of your day." He continued.

"Be sure to get a lot of rest, you'll be finishing at 5pm so it's a long day." William added on as he walked towards the door opening it for me.

"I'll see you both tomorrow!" I chirped as I left the room.

Williams POV

After the door closed he quickly sat down on the sofa, and exhaled exhausted from the day already.

"Henry, we can't give (y/n) a key to the safe room at the back of the stage." William causally brought up.

"And why not? The other employees would need access too if there were any parts missing or things needed putting away." Henry looked over at his friend with furrowed brows.

"I know we have employees that would need access to that room, but it's really not used that often. And besides, what if any of them were to steal something? That's my hard work and I don't want any of it to get out and have other places trying to create their own FredBears." William replied tactfully, he knew this was a winning reason, Henry knows that he is the brains behind this place. Even if he created Fred Bear's design, William was the one who built it.

"You have a point... Look okay Will. I'll be sure that (y/n) and the other employees we hired today only have access to the main areas." Henry bought his lie.

"Thank you Henry, if they need to go to the safe room they can always ask me. I'll be happy to open the room for them." William smiled charmingly as he stood up to leave.

~~~~~~~~

Later that day I spent most of my time unpacking things in my house, from the bedroom to the bathroom and more to my kitchen. After seeing the diner it sparked hope in me to stay in this new place, not to mention the handsome William who I'll be working with will definitely keep me around.

Finishing up on my unpacking I decided to check out my uniform to see if it actually fit, I didn't note my size or even tell Henry so I might have to call him. Pulling on the buttoned up white shirt and adjusting the sleeves, I could tell this was a perfect fit, even the black pants. I rushed into the bathroom quickly buttoning up the last buttons in front of the mirror to see how I looked.

"Not bad." I eyed the clothes and turned to my sides to see how well it looked, it fit perfectly and I looked the part.

"I guess I won't need to call Henry." Talking to myself again as I went to my room and flopped on the bed. 

[A/N: this one is a bit short because I was trying to organise everything. I know it's a little slow but I'll be picking up the pace very soon :) also next chap will be longer to make up I promise!]