we're just fools with no april pt.1

I woke up with a grin already on my face the next morning. This was it, finally. It was time for mischief.

I must've done everything at twice the speed as usual, because I was practically leaping around the place. Dad played a prank by putting the freaky clown toy in the cupboard so when I opened it, that's all I could see. Luckily for me, I'd overcome my childhood fears of clowns years ago, but it still shocked me. To get him back, I moved it to the fridge for him to find later. I was pathetic that way.

I checked my bag over about five hundred times, before plopping down on my bed and activating the group chat.

You: OK GUYS

You: OPERATION APRIL FOOLS IS GO

Ned: WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Peter: I've got the glitter bombs!!!

Ned: And I've got the apple ransom note for History :DDD

MJ: did u get the for sale sign too???

Ned: YUSS I GOT ITTTT :D

You: MJ ur doing the clothes swap right???

MJ: yes and ive got the wackiest shirt from my cousin too

You: cant wait *sus face*

MJ: ur gonna take pictures aren't you

You: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... O_O

Ned: That's our plan to send them to everyone in the school busted

Peter: Dammit

MJ changed the group chat's name from "NOW ITS TWICE!!" to "Fools with no April"

You: SUITABLE

MJ: :D

Peter: ACK WAIT WE NEED TO BE THERE EARLY TO SET EVERYTHING UP THAT MEANS WE NEED TO MOVE MOVEEE MOVEEEEE GANG!!!

I looked at the little numbers at the top of my screen and realised he was right. Without another word, I stuffed my phone in the pocket of my hoodie and ran down the hill towards school. We all met in almost perfect synchronisation, about five minutes before even the early weirdos normally got here.

Once everyone caught their breath, MJ, Peter and I turned to Ned. "Where's the sign?" we asked in unison, but he was already on it.

"It's about as authentic as we're going to get," Ned said, pulling out the Amazon special "For Sale for *blank space*" sign. He pinned it to the gate outside the entrance, and pulled out a marker pen. "How much are we selling the school for then?"

"Ten bucks?" Peter suggested.

"Nah, too generous. No more than five," I countered.

"Sixty nine cents," MJ said, as a kind of final.

Ned looked at her, unimpressed. "So mature, Michelle Jones."

"I know."

Ned reluctantly wrote it onto the sign, so now it read, "For Sale for $0.69."

Cool, that was that set up. Now it was time to set up the rest of the pranks.

Peter and Ned installed the glitter bombs. MJ and I tested every locker for those idiots who left it unlocked, and put giant fake spiders in them. (She'd ordered a pack of twenty five for a dollar. I wasn't complaining.) Flash was one of those idiots, so I had a sudden brainwave. I nicked some random expensive shit he had in there, then wrote a ransom note on a piece of paper.

If you ever want your expensive shit to see the light of day ever again, I demand a joyride in your car sometime. Yours sincerely, YOUR WORST FUCKING NIGHTMARE >:)