romeo and juliet

five

i had surfed for about an hour. the waves were perfect this early in the morning. conrad sat on the beach, watching me the entire time.

i finally swam back to shore, growing hungry each second. conrad saw the hungry look in my eyes and knew immediately, "want to go get the muffins now?"

"yes," i nodded, pulling my clothes back on, "im starving."

he laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we walked off the beach.

by the time we got home, everyone was already awake. i walked into the house, the box of muffins in hand while connie collapsed onto the couch.

"good morning," jeremiah greeted me from the stove. i sent him a smile and placed the box of muffins down, taking a seat.

"where have you been?" laurel asked me, "rory, is that a bruise?"

i instantly remembered the bruise and try and hide it with my hair, "no-no, i bumped into someone." i answered, glancing over at the couch, seeing conrad staring at me.

"you bumped into someone?" laurel asked, now growing worried as she moved the hair out of my face.

"doesn't look that bad," conrad spoke from the couch.

"um, cereal?" jere asked me.

"no thanks, i'm good with a muffin."

"bells?" he looks over at belly, who's sitting next to me.

"yeah, hit me," she says with a smile.

jere laughs, "sure."

"oh, my god!" susannah squealed from the other room, running into the kitchen, "belly and rory are gonna be debutantes."

the two of us laugh as she hugs us, "it's really not a big deal." belly says, looking over at me.

"im sorry. like, belly and rory? like, my sister and friend? like, those two things right there?" steven asks, being annoying as usual while he points at us.

"shut up cretin." belly and i snap.

i really want to do this. it's been a dream since i was little. my mother would be very happy if she found out i was doing this, my dad too.

"okay, this is gonna be so much fun. just you wait. there is, uh......there's the tea, the auction, and the ball, of course, the rehearsal. i got to write this down," susannah says as belly and i eat our breakfast, taking everything in, "we need to go shopping."

"this sounds.....expensive," laurel says, as belly leaves my side and sits down at the kitchen table.

"oh, don't worry, laur. it's on me. it was my idea after all, and we still need to style you for your book party, sooo...." susannah tells laurel.

"belly, are you sure you want to do this? i mean, it fits lorelai's personality perfectly, but it doesn't seem very you," laurel asks belly and she shrugs.

"it's not," conrad stated from the living room.

"conrad, could you please be a little more supportive? now, which two of you are gonna be belly and rorys escorts to the ball?" susannah asks.

my eyes land on jeremiah who was staring back at me. it would be amazing if jere took me to the ball although i would love if conrad did too. but jere is the one for me. if he agrees, my summer wish will come true.

"not me. i went last year." conrad says. damn, sorry bells.

"yeah, and i swore off balls." jeremiah says, breaking eye contact with me. summer wish seems like it won't come true, yay me. belly struggles to hold in a laugh while steven fails to do so, "the dance, dude."