𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐞

⋯~✯~⋯

⋯~✯~⋯

Celeste woke up that morning to Eddie talking to the group on a walkie he stole. She chose to ignore him, until he was done, but once he was done he walked over to her and they continued to lean on each other. The kiss they share the night before was replaying in her mind, it was like she was at a drive-in theater and watching their kiss replay and replay.

"Morning.." He smiled.

"Eddie?"

"Yeah..?"

"Um.. What are we?" She fiddled with her hands.

"Well, I was just going to ask if the Celeste Henderson would like to be my girlfriend?"

She smiled and looked up at him, "Of course." The two smiled at each other and Eddie planted a quick kiss on her lips. 

⋯~✯~⋯

"Bada bing, bada boom. There she is, Henderson. Skull Rock! In your face, man. In your stupid, cocky little face." Steve spoke to Dustin.

"Doesn't make sense."

"Yeah, yeah. Even with it staring you in the face, you can't admit it. You just can't admit you're wrong, you little butthead." Eddie then jumped down from a rock, followed by Celeste as well.

"I concur. You, Dustin Henderson, are a.. total butthead." Eddie took a deep breath.

"Jesus, we thought you two were goners." Dustin said and went up to Eddie hugging him.

Steve did the same, but to Celeste, "You scared me half to death, Cel." 

"Oopsie.." She smiled and pulled away from the hug. She felt a pair of eyes on her, until Robin came over and hugged the girl too then Max, then Dustin.

Eddie and Celeste now sat next to each other explaining their experience they shared last night, "When we got to the shore, I tried calling you guys, but, uh.. my walkie was busted, man. Drenched. All thanks to, Este." He nudged her and she smiled awkwardly, "So, uh, I did the thing that I do now, apparently. I ran."

"Do you know what time this was? The attack?" Nancy asked Eddie.

"Yeah, no, I.. I know exactly what time it was." He spoke taking his watch off, "My walkie wasn't the only thing that got soaked." He threw the watch to Nancy.

"9:27."

"Same time our flashlights went kablooey." Robin said.

"Which means what, exactly?" Steve asked.

"Jesus, Steve, catch up. It means that that surge of energy was Vecna attacking Patrick." Celeste leaned against the rock.

"Well, we're one step closer. We know how Vecna attacks." 

"And where he attacks from."

"So now we just need to sneak into his lair in the Upside Down and drive a stake through his heart."