Prologue

**This chapter contains Strong Language and Sexual Abuse**

Maddison:

Maddison thought that living with John and meeting him was a miracle to her, what she realizes over the years that she was with him is a total a nightmare she never saw it coming. Currently she was in bed after he raped her again after coming home last night drank from his night out with his buddies. When he came home, she was sleeping and he started yelling "Where the hell are you, you little bitch? come here right NOW!" she woke up in fear and went down to the living room, because she knew that if she didn't appear in front of him in time, he'll start to hit her until she'll lose conscious just like last time he bit the crap out of her that she end up in the hospital with a lie that she "fell from the stairs" while he was at work.
"I'm here John" Maddie said with a fear, he grabbed her hair and slapped her in the face with a force that she fell to the floor.

"You are the most annoying woman that I've never met in my life! The good thing about you is that no one care what happens to you, because you don't have family!" John started laughing at Maddie when she was on the floor from his slap, then grabbed her again by the hair and started to drag her to his room so he could satisfy his needs with her.
After waking up from what happen to her last night, she went to the bathroom and closed the door quietly to not wake up John. What she saw on the mirror was not a shock to her, because she always saw these scars that she had on her face and body. She took a quick shower and went to the kitchen to prepare him his breakfast. While she was preparing his breakfast, she thought to herself Why I keep staying with him. I'm starting to hate myself for that, I need to get a way from this hell before he kills me one day. Maddison was tired from the way he treated her all the time, after few hours she heard his footsteps coming down the stairs toward the kitchen and she knew that she doesn't have anything to fear because his breakfast was already at the table warm and ready for him to eat.

After John finished his breakfast, he just left the house without saying a word to Maddie which is why she felt relief and could take a peaceful breathing while he is at work. When Maddie saw John leaving the house, she started to plan how she'll leave this house of hell that she's been living for the past 2 years with a man that she thought was a perfect man to settle down with. What she didn't realize is that John has double personal issues, because sometimes he's nice to her but most of the time he's just using violence on her.
Why I'm still here in this house? I should escape right now from here and move as far as I can from this city and as far away from John so he couldn't find me anymore. But if I do it at day light the bodyguard that he left behind to watch me will tell him every thing and then he'll definitely kill me. Maddie thought to herself while she was thinking of a way to escape from this hell.

Flashback: 2.5 years ago

Maddie was looking for a job at the newspaper in her rented apartment when she spotted a job application for the secretary position in a company name "Brown Corp.", she jumps at her feet to grab her phone and dialed the number that is in the newspaper and waited for someone to answer the phone. After a few moments a man answered the call "Brown Corp. Who may I speak to?" the person in the other side asked.
"Hello, my name is Maddie and I saw at the newspaper that you're looking for a secretary, is that position is still available?" Maddie asked.
"Yes, absolutely. If you want, my boss can interview you today if you want?" the man said
"Yes, of course I want to come to today. I'll get my stuff and come right now!" Maddie said while she got up from the couch and started to collect the stuff she would need for the interview. The man on the other side said that his boss will wait for her, and they said their goodbyes and hang up the phone.

In 10 minutes, she collected her stuff and got into her car to drive to the company. Upon arriving there, a guard stopped her. "Where are you going, Miss?"
HI, I called today about an interview for a job, my name is Maddison Weber, you can ask at the office." Maddie was nervous but she didn't want to show it. The guard called the main office, and they confirm him that she is in did came for the position of Mr. Brown's secretary. He let her in and told her to press the number 20 in the elevator, Maddie thanks him and went inside. While she was walking toward the elevator, she looked around the company and was impressed with how big it was and very impressive. She felt out of the place, every person wore suites while she wore jeans and a white t-shirt for this interview. I can do it! So, what they are dressed up different then me, if Mr. Brown will like my resume, he can hire me and with the money I'll collect from my salary I can buy me better clothes. Maddie thought to her while she went to the elevator. She pressed the up button, and, in few minutes, it came, and she went inside. After getting inside the elevator, she pressed the last button, that was no. 20 indeed, just like the guard has told her.