his lips on mine

eight

the walk to the beach was quiet except the sound of my surfboard being dragged against the dirt road. my dad always told me it was a bad idea to drag your board but it was really heavy.

i guess tyler noticed because he grabbed a hold of it, "i got you."

i smiled at him, "thanks."

"so, how long have you been surfing for?" he asks me the moment our feet touch the stand.

i breathe in the sent of the ocean and sigh, "since i can remember."

in this moment, all i could think about was jeremiah. and i know i shouldn't be thinking about him. tyler is completely different from jeremiah.

they're two different boys and one same old me.

"well, what are we waiting for," tyler grins, throwing both surfboards on the ground and he pulls off his shirt, revealing his abs.

my eyes widen and i look away.

"let's go surfing already!" i laugh as he picks his board up and runs for the water, driving in head first.

"you coming?" he says once he resurfaced.

"yeah, hold on!"

i pull my dress off and throw it in the sand then head for the water. "this feels amazing," i smile as i climb onto my board.

"sure does."

🐚

the waves aren't so active at night like they usually are during the day. it's calm and relaxing. tyler and i lay on our boards, looking up at the sky.

"tell me something about yourself," tyler says, glancing over at me.

"i mean, you already know a lot about me," i laugh, him laughing too.

"tell me something i don't know."

i think. im not mentioning my dad at all or mom. should i say i used to be the captain of the surfing team? no, that's not good enough.

"i survived a shark attack."

i could tell his mouth dropped due to the shadow. i laugh and sit up, "it's true."

"you're literally the most amazing person i ever met." i roll my eyes as he sits up, "im serious, rory. you survived a shark attack?! that's crazy!"

"the doctors said that i was a miracle. im not too sure that's true."

"why do you say that?"

"someone important died because of me. some miracle i am."

my dad always told me it wasn't smart to go surfing at night but i do it anyway. this was the time where the sharks would go hunting so as tyler talked to me, i was very very alert of my surroundings.

"tell me something about you." i say, the water gently moving our boards.

"my favorite movie is titanic."