Part One

April 29th, 2022 - Brooklyn, NY

Twenty-five-year-old Kiyoko Shimizu clacked her ten fingers on the broken keyboard of her laptop and furrowed her brows when the 'S' and 'H' keys wouldn't work

Twenty-five-year-old Kiyoko Shimizu clacked her ten fingers on the broken keyboard of her laptop and furrowed her brows when the 'S' and 'H' keys wouldn't work. She stopped for a moment, and then pressed them harder. When they didn't budge, she started slapping her palms on the whole board, making her coworkers turn to her in silence. When she noticed the sudden attention, she ducked her head in her cubicle and closed her eyes, sighing heavily. Four years she had been working in that absolutely boring job as a Finance Analyst. She would most likely kill herself by the end of the year if she didn't come up with a plan B to exit.
It would be quite impossible to, though, considering her father was the Chief Technology Officer of the multimillion-dollar company. She couldn't have played the most stereotypical Asian character living in America. Crazy rich dad opened a golden gateway to his daughter's career only to put her in a mediocre - not to mention boring - job as a Finance Analyst.
"Okay, maybe it isn't that stereotypical, but I'm just getting tired of this. Like four years of my life had been sucked dry," she explained to her coworker and best friend, Denji Kaito, also known as DK.
"But, I mean, at least we've got good pay. The company takes care of our health insurance and stuff, and we have good places to live. That's something worth considering, right?" DK asked, trying to look into the positive side of this.
She just gave him a lame expression.

DK was born and raised in America with very bop parents and a badass younger sister

DK was born and raised in America with very bop parents and a badass younger sister. He lived a very average life, with his mom owning a small supermarket around Sunset Park, his dad working as a manager at a small car dealership, and hja younger sister almost graduating from NYU with a major in law. Things were great for DK. It always has been, so Kiyoko understood his toxic positivity.

The car ride back to her apartment was once again filled with lecture from her father about much money she could be saving right now if she just lived with him.
"America is such an expensive place, Kiyoko. Especially New York! I mean, did you know that they charge $3.49 for a salad? Leaves! For almost $4! We can get a sandwich for $2!" Hiroto Adachi said with his Singaporean-English.
She rolled her eyes at that.
"Random question: Why is my name Kiyoko Shimizu while you're Hiroto Adachi?" she asked.
He sighed heavily with a roll of his eyes and started mumbling in Japanese. She looked out the window and enjoyed the city view of Brooklyn.