1: giant what now-

1: giant what now—

"Yeah, do you know the way out? I think... I'm lost."

"..."

"Fuck."

For the umpteenth time that day, Geto Suguru sighed as he threw away the third human who was not exactly human. Instead of falling, the wind carried the... not human away as if it were a piece of paper.

Standing in an empty street, not a single sound could be heard for kilometers. There was no roaring of vehicles, the pitter patter of footsteps, nor the sound of nature. Just endless, deafening silence.

The not human he encountered was everywhere, walking pass him, bumping into him even, but ultimately, they ignored Suguru. When he tried asking them, they would just walk pass him and when he tried touching him like he did just moments ago, the not human would cease functioning and turn into... that.

As if the soul was sucked out of them, leaving behind an empty shell that weighed the same as paper.

It was the first time Geto Suguru encountered such a thing.

Even Satoru's weirdness could not out-weird this.

Suguru couldn't remember how he even arrived at this place. The last thing he recalled was roughhousing with Satoru in the classroom, with Ieiri watching at the side while eating popcorn from who knows where she got them from.

God forbid she had them since that morning.

That was just... ew.

Counting the time he had been here, more than half an hour passed yet Suguru found that the more he walked, the more the street seemed to go on and on and on until he decided to stay in place. Instead of wasting time trying to find the exit, it would make more sense if he knew how he got here.

After all, if he knew, it would make finding the exit a lot easier.

"But what the hell is this place anyway? If it's someone's cursed technique, it wouldn't make much sense either. I was in the classroom in the college so there's no way someone could have trespassed that easily." Suguru sat on the sidewalk with legs crisscrossed, back leaning against the building behind him.

The not humans walked pass him, not making any sound. Only his breaths and voice reached his ears, making him feel uncomfortable. This silence unnerved him. It made it seem as if he was the only one existing in this world.

If it were anyone else, they might have gone crazy already. Well, unless that anyone was Satoru; his best friend was nuts in the first place. He wouldn't be surprised if Satoru could survive in a world like this.

"I couldn't tell you," a voice echoed in all directions, startling Suguru as he stood up in abrupt. Caution swirled in his eyes, looking around in alarm. "Why I felt that way." He furrowed his forehead, wondering where on earth that voice came from.

"Why I felt that way," bit by bit, the voice that echoed gradually became clearer, the direction of where it came from becoming more obvious the more he listened. "I felt it everyday." Moving towards his left, Suguru sprinted to the source of the voice, pondering whether or not he would find something this way.

As he ran, the voice kept singing. It sang monotonously, not a drop of emotion lacing each word. If it weren't for the voice being pleasant, Suguru might have already covered his ears. It could contend with Satoru's ear-splitting karaoke singing voice.

This time, instead of the street going on forever, Suguru reached a shore that shouldn't have been so close to the city. The vast sea filled with ink-like water stretched into the horizon, a moon so big peeked over the horizon. The moon was hundred times bigger than normal, causing each crater to be visible in naked eyes.